Some advice please

iVillage Member
Some advice please
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 8:22pm

I apologize for the length of the message, but i really need some advice:

I quit my job last year to pursue my own business that is not working out. I spent money on it but made none. I quit before I got another job or a client because I was very uncomfortable with my work environment although the job itself was not bad. After ten months of no income, applying for jobs, customers etc, I finally got a temp job but after only two and a half days, they abruptly ended the assignment. I know that I had to have made some major mistakes on the job to cause it. I am sure of this because just before the assignment ended, the manager came over to my desk to verify my login id. I expected her to call me in her office soon after but she did not. Instead I got the call from the agency that the assignment ended. Anyway, I have a history of making careless mistakes on the job. I was fired twice because of it, and on other jobs my carelessness and lack of accuracy have been mentioned and jobs taken away from me and replaced with menial tasks. Sometimes I try to be so careful, that I slow down considerably when everyone else around me is moving at lightning speed. I do office management/bookkeeping or accounting work so accuracy and paying attention to detail is needed. I saw a psychologist a couple of times, both prescribed depression medication. I expected them to say it was ADD. ADD because I tend to daydream a lot also; for as long as I can remember. I know my mind wanders frequently into daydream mode. I have always been that way. I did not bother to take the first medication; I was really looking for advice. And the second I took for a few weeks, then stopped not wanting to depend on it. Plus it was not working. What do I need to do to fix this? I cannot afford to see a psychologist now and because this is also the line of work I am pursuing for my business I need to know what to do to fix it.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 12:47am

Anadja...Welcome to the Stress & Women board.

Photobucket">

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 7:14pm

cl - Interesting about the grape seed.