New Here

iVillage Member
New Here
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 10:53am

Hi. I am new to this board. I have posted on the anxiety board, but thought I would post to this board too.

I have been so stressed out lately and I am trying to find ways to combat that. I have come to the conclusion that my problem is trying to do everything. Even on the weekends, if I sit down to relax I cannot help but to think of what needs to be done. My husband and I just bought a new house (we went from a small ranch to a much bigger colonial) and with that is a bit more housework! Weekends are really the only time I have to do laundry and clean, so I rush around trying to get everything done. My husband does help, so it is not like I have to do everything on my own.  I realize that I need to relax more and am trying to work on that.

I love my job (I work in Marketing for a credit union), but it is stressful at times. IT dosn't help that I work about 30 minutes from home, so by the time I get home from work, make dinnner, and eat dinner there is not much time left for anything else.

I guess I would like some advice for dealing with everyday stress. I just picked up the book 8 minute meditation and have started meditating at night. I have found it has helped me sleep better! Does anyone else do meditation?

Sorry this is long and rambling! Any input would be helpful!

iVillage Member
In reply to: balletdiva04
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 4:46pm

Welcome to Stress & Women.

I don't do medatition but I do pray and it does help to relieve stress and calm me down.

Photobucket">

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 12:08pm
Dee gave you some great tips and advice, but I wanted to share about our

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 11:43pm

Hi! I read your post and the replies,
Fly Lady.com is wonderful. Definitely check that out. I haven't in a long time. I forgot about her after I moved and was without my computer.
Also I do pray and meditate, both are helpful.
Also the times I joined a group online for any type of self help it has helped me. You are not the only one and it doesn't have to be perfect all the time.

If you can find time to write its helpful also.
Rather it is a journal-like or feeling journal,
whatever you are stressing about write it down
(if you choose to tear it up later thats ok, just seeing your stuff on paper does something.)

:-)thelvey

Community Leader
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 3:24pm

It's all about priorities.

During the week you work and by the time you get home, do the supper routine etc. it's time to go to bed to get up for work and start it ALL over again.

It's great he helps...but maybe the new, bigger house is a bit over-whelming.

Not so much fun when it doesn't seem you have the actual time to enjoy it...doing things on the week-ends.

Since my heart attack and finding out I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) I do what is easier for me...

I lost my job, and ds and I have had lots of hardships this past couple of years but I have found that by deciding what is a priority it has made my Life so much easier and less stress-ful.

You can freeze meals and just take them out when you need them and pop them in the microwave.

A crock-pot is also great for making stews or chili etc.

Involve everyone in the clean-up and prep...

I don't worry now as much as in the past if some things don't get done...

I also enlist my ds's help, he lives there to...he is learning to cook...:)

He loves it and I praise him for his efforts...big or small...he has gotten to the point where he offers and asks if he can help...how cool is that!

Make one day a day to do chores and the other a day for just FUN...whether it's sleepin in, reading, going out for the day or evening...either by yourself or with your dh.

We have to make time for fun, for play...no matter how simple fifteen minutes on the front step/back step or your balcony

Nightangel
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 6:52pm

Yes, I do meditation.