Anger decreases stress.

iVillage Member
Anger decreases stress.
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 11:19am

According to a new study: It boosts testosterone and heart rate, but decreases stress hormone levels.

Read about it here.

What are your thoughts/experience in dealing with anger?  Does it, as the study suggests, stimulate positive emotions related to closeness in you?

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 11:39am
After my heart attack I realized I tended to keep my feelings in, bottle them before I had it.
Now I don't let it build up...I generally say what's on my mind...guess I have given myself permission after ALL these years that it's okay to have these feelings and express them.
If someone is "stressing" me out I tell them, ask them to stop but have also walked away in order to take care of me...my new first priority.
I feel so much better now by doing what I want.need to do not worrying so much about "pleasing" others...we sometimes get caught up in that as women with other people in our lives our family, and friends.
To a point we stress ourselves out.
It's definitely not worth it at all.
The world won't fall apart if the dishes don't get done, or you decide to do something you like/love to do instead of trying to meet someones expectations other than your own.
Expressing your anger in a healthy and positive way.
Letting stuff go it can be amazing!
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 12:27pm

OMGoodness, it IS so easy to get caught up in pleasing everyone else and forgetting to take care of ourselves.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 1:02pm
When I am particularly angry, people really need to leave me alone - for their own good because I am like an angry porcupine. The whole kiss and make-up thing has never worked for me, I've actually had to sleep away from my SO for that one night after an argument or a difficult discussion on things we did not agree on that pushed my anger buttons.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 1:20pm
LOL, Poppy.

Community Leader
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 2:21pm

Your Mom Rocks!

I will be fifty-two this July.

After I had my heart attack two years ago May when I was forty-nine I decided to put "ME" first...My beloved Mom died of a heart attack not too much older than I am now...I miss her like Crazy...:(

Like your Mom I figured out that I am going to please myself for a change.

When my kids were very young dd and ds their dad and I separated and divorced....he re-married but I never did.

I had sole custody of dd and ds.

It's not easy being a single parent but we survived...;)...:)...it has been an adventure and a ride for sure.

My dd lives on her own and ds lives with me.

We are ALL very close.

By "expressing" the Anger, you can let it GO!

I am so happy I finally find my voice...I am a Surviour!

My self-esteem, self-worth and self-confidence are returning...

Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 2:26pm

You're right, it's not easy being a single parent, but sometimes it's better than the alternative (I feel that way a lot these days, lol).

Community Leader
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 3:02pm

I just LOVE your attitude!

:)

You Rock!

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 3:18pm
You're not so bad yourself Angel!

Community Leader
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 8:09pm
Thanks!
I am so proud of myself tonight.
Phoned my ex and gave him a piece of my mind...Yipee!!!
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 10:02am
Oh, I am proud of you!

Pages