organized at work,slob at home...

iVillage Member
organized at work,slob at home...
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 9:15pm

Hi,

So I have no idea where to post this but its been nagging at me for a while now and I'd appreciate some opinions.

So I work in retail and manage a store.At work Iam impecably organized,its almost sickening.Every item in my store has its place,I will even follow customers around and pick up after them.When I open the store in the mornings if I see an item out of place,that to most people wouldn't seem like a big deal,I almost get angry and think "how could someone miss this and not see it is out of place". Iam almost too efficient when it comes to paperwork,I do paperwork weeks in advance,leave notes and reminders everywhere, and EVERYTHING gets done on time if not days before! I will make it my duty to figure out what sales are coming up even before our headoffice will send a memo out.I know months in advance when our bonus arrives,I know everything,more than what most other store managers know.Anyways ,when Iam at home its like Iam a completley different person.My bf lives with me and our room becomes a war zone 2 minutes after its been cleaned,clothes on the floor,coffee cups growing mold,sit on the desk,chip bags on the floor,its ridiculous.I leave my makeup ALL over the washroom,the floor,the counter, the back of the toilet,towels cover the floor.And I don't understand why at work Iam such a neat freak,and at home my organization dissinigrates! I'll do laundry and leave it in the baskets for weeks! Its like from work to home,I am a completley different person.Literally.

And the thing that gets me,is I used to be a neat freak in every aspect of my life.When I lived with my ex fiance our place was spotless.You could eat off the floor.There would never be food allowed in the bed room,dishes would always get washed and put away immediatley and clothes would NEVER be found on the floor.I would dust 3 times a week.Vacuum twice and swiffer twice after vacuuming,I loved how tidy I was,people were shocked when they came to my place, at how clean it was.I would even vacuum the couch twice a week,in all the nooks and crannies,the back,the sides,everything.Now all that has changed,and I don't like it.I almost feel like the messes I leave now are like dark clouds looming around,it bothers me soooo much that I've turned into such a slob.I just can't wrap my head around whats happened to make me change so drastically.Anyone have any thoughts?

Hollie

Hollie

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 10:54pm

Photobucket">

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 9:23am

Thats a good thought,but Iam not quite sure,I mean Iam stressed out alot at the moment from work but aside from that I feel perfectly happy.After some thought I realised it could possibly be procrastination,because honestly,and I hate to say this,sometimes Iam just to lazy to put a dish in the sink and I'll just leave it on my night table.Then the same thing will happen with another,then the clothes on the floor than it just escelates to become a giant mess....because I held off putting things away.Althought I must say

Hollie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 9:55am

I always thought depression was something I'd recognize that I'd feel depressed but that wasn't the case.

Photobucket">

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 1:02pm

I do feel I need to defend something I said earlier about my uninvited pests.

The fruit flies I had were my fault.

Photobucket">