Good Tuesday Morning!

iVillage Member
Good Tuesday Morning!
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 8:25am

Anything new happening?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 11:27am

SSDD!! That is what is happening at my end of the world. LOL We are so overwhelmed at work that we can't find our bottoms with both hands. LOL

I really wish I could go to a RWA, but I don't think they have one in my area. So unfortunately that would require a fair amount of travel on my end, which, I am not in a position to do at this point. I know, BOO-HOO!! LOL

But my stack of "too read" books has been ever increasing. Finding new authors, so, as soon as I've had a chance to read them, I will give my critique.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, because my week starts on Tuesdays and it's off to work I go in approx a half hour.

Have a wonderful day!

Shari

Shari
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 12:51pm

Hey! Nice to have you back. Hope things are well.

I will not be at RWA, but I'm going to the Margaret Mitchell House on July 27th to see Julia Quinn and the other authors.

Naturally, I bought "On the Way to the Wedding" the day it came out and had it finished within a couple of days. It was okay. Better than "It's in His Kiss," but still not as good as the earlier Bridgerton books. It's almost like towards the end of the series, she was writing caricatures or something. The characters were all *too much* if that makes sense. They were too spirited, witty, etc. The characters acted like they were all on caffeine highs--hyper and kind of manic. And the writing got a little sloppy as well. Julia Quinn has always been a little loose with sentence structure (she's fond of commas and using lots of parentheses--haha now I'm doing it), but it got to be excessive with the last two books. Still, I enjoyed reading this latest book for the most part. I won't give away the ending for those who plan to read it, but I do think the epilogue was dumb. And there was only one love scene! Very disappointing IMO.

Laura

Mad Men siggie

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 9:08pm

Shari, even if they had the convention in your area, I doubt you've be able to get there.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 9:10pm

Thank you, Laura, it's good to be back!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-19-2006 - 8:02am

Okay, it's Wednesday morning, not Tuesday, but good morning anyway. I'm going to Atlanta, in fact, only six more days (but who's counting). Well I guess I can tell my news now since I've officially signed the papers...I have an agent! So now the scary editor rejects await me. I never cared if an agent didn't like my work, but editor is different. There aren't that many of them.

Wish me luck!

Chris

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-19-2006 - 8:22am

That is awesome Christie!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 10:28am

Congrats Chris! That's great news.

I'm back home from a week at the beach and getting ready to turn around and head for Atlanta in a couple days. I'm going to the RWA literacy booksigning Wednesday night. I had already promised my boss I'd work Thursday afternoon and Friday (so someone else could take a long weekend off) so won't make the MM bash for Julia Quinn, etc or a luncheon Friday for another board I frequent (darn!). That's what I get for being nice. lol However, I will be able to attend a reception one of my fav authors is hosting for her bulletin board members and another get-together for the Avon bulletin board members. That should be fun!

Chris, when are you arriving in Atlanta? I'd love to finally meet you in person. I'm looking forward to meeting Shirley Jump (writingmom) at the signing Wednesday night. I should be arriving around 3pm Wednesday afternoon and leaving around 10 or 11 that night.
I couldn't get a room at the Marriott so what time I leave will depend on where I can find a room for the night. I'll need to leave for home by 8:30 Thursday morning so won't have time for get-togethers then. You can reach me at pc438@bellsouth.net
Hope we can at least get together for a hug!

Patty

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 4:07pm

Hi Patty, good to see you!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 7:13pm

Hi Faith!

I normally don't work Thursday and Friday but a couple months ago I promised a co-worker that I'd work for her this week so she could go out of town. (drat!) I plan to stay over Wednesday night and drive back home early Thursday.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 7:33pm

I do understand.