May Updates

Administrator
May Updates
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 8:27am
It's hard to believe it's May already now isn't it? Introduce yourself to anyone who might be knew and tell us a little about yourself.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmkarla
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 11:42pm

Well introduce myself, even though it's almost month's end.

I'm Joelle, the cl here, even though life sometimes makes me a little to infrequent here than I'd like. This month has been real rough for me, too many things to go into here and also a few that I don't want to talk about publicly.

I went vegetarian the first time when I was 15, but it was as a cover for anorexia. I wasn't really interested in learning how to do it in a healthy, responsible way. When I was 19, I got pregnant and pregnancy cravings pushed me to eating meat; unfortunately I had no support to stay vegetarian. About 5 or so years ago now, I moved to a new town and made friends with a homeschooler from the local Seventh Day Adventist church. Her parents teach a vegan living class there and that helped me get back to vegetarian. After probably a year or two as vegetarian, I continued the journey into veganism and whole foods. I have a complex variety of health issues that I live with- blood sugar issues, bipolar disorder, recovering anorexic- so every day is a balancing act for me.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 12:02pm

Hi Joelle!

Sorry you were/are having a rough month! Hope as we slide into June, things will go better for you. Anyway, good to "see" you! {{{hugs}}}

Amelia

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 1:13pm
Thanks :) I'll still gotta get over to Vegetarian/Vegan Families; I believe you posted there and I still haven't gotten to respond. The mindful eating classes I'd been so excited about didn't attract as many people as I hoped and the final class ended up being canceled due to too many scheduling conflicts. I'm getting tried of being one of the few at my church being fighting to have important topics like mindful eating be discussed and done something about.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me to these boards: