How did your 4th of July go?

iVillage Member
How did your 4th of July go?
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 10:38am

Or Canada Day, for our Canadian friends?

I know I'm a few days late here :D but my summer is already in full swing with camping and other trips.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a 11yr old hydrogen molecule.

Follow me

Love and Light, Joelle

Follow me to these boards:

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 10:40am
Well I've already vented on the Eating Disorders: Anorexia & Bulimia board about my 4th. I'd made sure to get "grillables" for both the carnivores and the vegetarians in my household. But then my partner was late in getting moving, got "lost" using his computer, and I ate up a bunch of non-vegan garlic rolls because I was too hungry. I wish I could manage grilling on my own.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 10:41am

My son and I went to see the fireworks on July 3rd, but didn't do too much on July 4th. Overall, it was a relaxing weekend. Oh, and then on July 5th, I went to Maine for a 5-day vacation.

Amelia

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 10:42am
sounds really pleasant :)
No fireworks at all here. My son was visiting his dad plus fireworks cause my dog abject terror.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 10:52am

Sorry your 4th wasn't as good as you hoped for. I can't imagine having to deal with cooking for non-vegetarians/vegans - I give you a lot of credit for all you have to go through. ((((((hugs)))))

Amelia

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 12:00pm
thanks, Amelia. Although this time, it was my partner doing all the cooking. I just had to make sure the things were bought. That's kinda where we fell apart. I didn't let him know I had reached the point where I HAD to eat, before I was eating something non-vegan. Then he got outside, got the grill going and got food cooking.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 1:13am

I hosted my usualy neighborhood block party.

It's really beautiful. They make it very old fashioned with lots to do. Water balloon toss, cake walk with amazingly creative homemade cakes, chili cook off, dancing in the street.

Anyways, this is the first year I took my little grill!

Soliel
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 10:57am
Sounds great! I should probably learn to grill, but since my partner happily grills my vegan stuff with his meat, I haven't worried too much. Plus he jokes that I'm dangerous with a fire :D
The block party sounds great. I wish I could get the people in my neighborhood to do that.

Love and Light, Joelle

Homeschooling mom to a

Love and Light, Joelle