HELP!!! Can we still completely open (m)

iVillage Member
HELP!!! Can we still completely open (m)
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:01am
all posts using embed? or inline? if now I'm in big trouble because I just have a phone line and it takes forever to open each post. Have a great day everyone and I really hope this is going to be an improvement. Charlie

p.s. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THE EMOTICONS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER *SMILE*

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:22am
Hi Charlie. I was just wondering the same thing myself. I can take naps in between posting and getting back to the board. I sure hope this works out welll for us. Myself, I don't take to change to well. lol. Old and set in my ways...lol.

Hope to find you again . Terry

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:47am
My sentiments exactly Charlie! This takes a lot longer to maneuver! And if you click on "next discussion" it goes backwards in time instead of forward. When I get to the board I like to start where I left off last when I catch up on the news. I always have started with the last message I read and worked my way forward in time. Yikes...how do we make this work better? Sooze
Susan siggie
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:00am
im with you charlie,i have a phone line too,dont know if we can open all at once.:o( nubdt
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:47pm
Hi Charlie

Nope you can not do that any more. Sorry.

Love ya

Mary

&n
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:42pm
Well, in outline view (closest to our old and loved board) just click on the post and the window opens to that one. I really think the outline view is pretty good, as you can go down the list and see what's there. I really wish we could open a page like before with the embed=all, but......we can't.

Jan

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:49pm
Sooze, that's because the post with the most recent response "floats" to the top of the list. If someone posts something while you're reading or posting, the next in line may be back at the top of the list. That's another reason I like the outline - with that open, I can still go down the list in order and that's how they show up as long as I have that particular window open. (did that make any sense?) I have the outline open, and after I post this, it'll still show the list as it was when I opened that. When I close it and reopen it, it will also show the new line-up, but by not closing it until I'm ready, I can use it as a bookmark for where I left off.

Jan