Ok throwing hands up & saying I give...m

iVillage Member
Ok throwing hands up & saying I give...m
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:51pm
today is really one of those days I think I would rather see over with as soon as it started. I have been struggling with my backed up toilet all morning, I have a big nasty blister on my palm from using the plunger only to find that what ever has it plugged is not going to budge. I called the water maintenance man because I know he has a snake that I could possibly borrow, but his wife tells me he wont't be home until after 5 tonight. I have to shower, but seeing as the toilet is plugged so is the bathtub, so anytime I allow water down the drain it comes up the toilet and bathtub. I had a pile of beach towels surrounding the toilet, but not enough to catch all the water, so I was wadeing in the overflow. I thought ok well I will leave the toilet and all that mess and grab a clean towel and at the very least wash my hair and then get some clean clothes on because I have to work today. I take out the iron to press my blouse and what do I see but a spark and then the iron would not work. I have watched dh take apart a cord and strip the wiring down and so figured I would do that, I do not however know where his tools are so ended out using the scissors from the kitchen. I have to say I did a not bad job at fixing the iron, but will have to get dh to check it over tonight. DD came home for lunch and with all the goings on I forgot to make her any lunch, so had to rush to make her a egg in basket ( egg dropped in a piece of bread with the center removed and then fried). I am now going to say to heck with anything else I am going to put on my makeup and finish up my hair then read... can't cause too much troubles that way.

Just hope dh is in a better mood than I am because older dd has decided to stay at school to take an exam she missed when she was sick, so he has to drive to pick her up... only a 45 min drive each way. I am sure he will be pleased to see that after getting her he has the toilet to tend to, but then maybe by then it will have mysteriously fixed itself!

Oh well life could get a lot more interesting but think I would prefer boring to this!

Have a better day than I am having ladies, and wish me luck that this is not something that cannot be fixed.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:55pm
Lor, so sorry about the bathroom problems!!(((((Hugs))))))...nt
~*~*~All..things..work..together..for..good.....~*~*~

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:13pm
Poor Lor, I'd give up too.It must be tree limbs blocking the drain lines. If you get it unblocked, quickly take your shower.

Good Luck

Hugs Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:32pm
That's one of the reasons I mentioned closed sewage systems as 1 of my 3 things I love about where we live a few pages back! lol We take it for granted but boy is it awful when it doesn't work! You need to have a neighbor close enough for you to give a call and bring your towel and shower at her place! lol I remember having to do that when we were remodeling in Houston. Well actually I only did it once and then we began going to the local pool to take our morning shower w/o bothering to stop and swim. lol Glad you know about plumbing snakes! In our second house we needed to use one almost monthly because they hadn't thought that a taller basement was a deeper basement ie it was always a bit too shallow for that marvelous thing called gravity to really help the "flow." Hope it all gets fixed soon. Do I hear plans for "a lively discussion" with the kids about what to do with the lid down?? lol Hugs, Bobbie
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:40pm
Yea believe it or not I am well educated in the realities of plumbing. I am thinking that perhaps this is just a root that has made its way into the pipes and blocking off the flow. I just hope that when the guys comes he can do something quick. My sister also had this happen a few months ago, and said that if the back up is in our yard then we pay otherwise the community will absorb the costs. Good thing I have a washroom at work!!!

Hugs Lor

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:50pm
Hi Lori

Oh dear well I sure hope you got to work and the toliet is fixed?? What a bad day.

Love

Mary

&n
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:00pm
Ok the toilet is now fixed... it was tree roots growing into the lines. Now think that was not enough... well get to work and all our system is down, has been since Thursday! I had to do everything manaully and when we are up and ruinning I will have to spend extra time punching the info into the terminal. Then my book trip arrived and they forgot to load my new book slot, so will have to wait to get that. A few other things but not going to think any more on this day will go to bed and let it be over with!

hugs Lor