Becky's question about adopting

iVillage Member
Becky's question about adopting
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:23pm
a military member is great. I already have 2...the sons of friends. One in Kuwait, one in Iraq. As I type this my table is covered with little things I've collected. Been trying to get input on the best things to send. So far the most requested seem to be:

Lip balm, wet wipes, bubble gum, and jelly beans. To this I have added some dental care gum (the mother in me can't resist!), small tubes of toothpaste, dental floss, Q-tips in the little plastic thing, moisturizing eye-drops, sunflower seeds, Mentos, Lifesavers, juice in those little pouches w/straws and...TADA...the ever popular Toilet Paper! Now I have to get 2 bigger boxes cause I keep adding to this pile!

I am searching for a site that will tell us what else the soldiers want/need. When I get it I'll post it here. Honey's son is in the Navy on a ship so he most likely has access to this stuff! But I'm sure he would appreciate cards and letters. I'll e-mail her to ask.

RJ's son hasn't left yet but maybe she'll give us his addy when he goes? Bren's nephew is on his way, isn't he?

Who have I missed?

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:33pm
Cappy wasn't Judy son in the service?? Dotcomom??

Hugs

Mary

&n
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:22pm
No Mary. I think one son works in D.C. and 2 in college? Where has Judy been? Anyone know?

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:08pm
Cappy. Here's a site that may be helpful to you operationshoebox.com . I have 3 nephews that are overseas...One is at Ramstein AFB in Germany...Another one is in Air Force stationed in Venis...Jeremy is in the army and is heading for Kuwait Sunday...Take care...Bren
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:05pm
Would be happy to send ds's addy but will only e-mail it. He leaves Monday 3/31...Let me know.

Great idea...RJ