Anyone up for a "MINDY DAY" ? (M)

iVillage Member
Anyone up for a "MINDY DAY" ? (M)
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:36pm
Everyone that walks through the doors of this playhouse (in my case, I unlocked the door) is a personal gift to the WB. Some people add an extra "ooommph" that just makes the flame of the WB lantern burn brighter when they're here. Ruthie and I were chatting this morning about what energy Mindy brought with her when she tumbled into our group and all she has added through the ensuing years here. I've listed a few reasons I'd like to proclaim this "Mindy Day".

Lots of laughter has bounced around this cyber room, but never quite as loudly as when Mindy brought us stories of her fruitfly invasions, her ladybug infestations, the black rimmed glasses she tried to palm off on everyone, her kitchen exploits, her routines she's done with Pantless Joe and her special creation that will be part of her epitaph...the infamous Phanthom Pharter and his escapades. Her Mr. Rich is better known then I'm sure he'd ever want to be and her odes are legendary on several boards. She has wrote them to those in pain, some who just needed a pick-me-up, beautiful poems to recall loved ones who have passed on and she's waxed poetic of wonderous sunrises and anything in nature that catches her fancy. She's passed on sage advice when called for and soothed hurt feelings when needed. She's been a rock for those of us that have enlisted her strength and uncomplaining when she's down. Let's face it, she could have whined her head off about her broken ankel, but she has basically worked it into a funny stories for our amusement. And you know something like that hurts like a republican playing touch football with a horde of Kennedy's.

For those reasons, she has my undying admiration and friendship, and I want to call attention to what a special little Italian she is. (Plus, I've been lucky enough to be a guest in her home and to eat her cooking. Life doesn't get better then that!) Anyone else want to add anything about her so she has something to read while waiting on Mr. Rich to fix her din-din? Hugs! Kay

P.S. I've had to refer to Mindy's hubby here as Mr. Rich because I get censored when I try to use what she has called him, Mr. **ck.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:11pm
As usual FB...your eloquence is hard to surpass. I haven't known Mindy as long or as well as you. But I miss her happy/kooky/energetic presence here just as I miss your way with words and I miss the unique contributions of many others. Mindy always jumps in there with encouragement. She makes our days more fun when she comes to the board just by coming by and posting.

What happened to the spontaneous parties and the story telling? Bruce is most likely lost in reverie in the archives because he's been downsized! He no doubt thinks we don't love him and have hired someone younger to replace him!

Now look what you did...I am all teary-eyed! And I miss you guys!

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:57pm
A Mindy day sounds great to me..I think she is just wonderful!!!..her odes, her funny stories, her concern for others!..Let's hear it for Mindy!!..great idea, Buffie..Dutch
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:58pm
oh my god kay!!!all i can say is wow,thank you so much for these uplifing words.i am printing this out and whenever i feel like my life was for naught,i will read it and remind myself that i actually touched the heart of someone!!!thank you!!(((hugs)))mindy
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:01pm
i agree with cappy,kay,your sage advice and quick wit is missed also.no one quite has a way with words as you do.((hugs))mindy
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:03pm
hey does this mean fun food and balloons.ok im up for that!!((hugs))mindy
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:16pm
She is saying what is in the heart of everyone here Mindy! We really love you! You are our own little Italian "meatball"! Or is that screwball? XOXO

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:28pm
Kay as uaual you have such a way with words. I miss Mindy more that I can admit because she keeps this board a happy place and without our Mindy it is just not the same. I declare this MINDY Day on the Your Well Being board 43-59.

We miss you and Ruthie too Kay without you to unlock the door here where would we all be??

Thanks so much and someday I sure hope to meet you and Mindy have already met Ruthie she is the best. Kay did you get my email??

Love

Mary

&n
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:42pm
Kay I think your idea is perfect! You know Mindy may not realize just how often she has brought a little light to an otherwise dull or down day. I know of many times that I would sign on here and see a Mindy Ode or post and well that blue feeling was soon gone. I feel so honored to "know" Mindy and the rest of you beautiful poeople! My life is by far more enriched since I have met you all on here!

So now tell me do we celebrate Mindy Day with Margaritas or Pina Coladas and do we find our pool boy for such an occasion? Oh how I love a good party!

Hugs Lor

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:44pm
For Mindy I will be happy to navigate this new format. She has brought such laughter, care, and compassion to this board. When Mindy came on the scene she made an entrance like nobody else and has emblazened herself into my heart. Even when she has the blues Mindy is always ready with the quick wit to bring a smile to somebody's face.

Think my own Mr. Mike knows her almost as well as Kay and Di. Not through meeting her in person but in getting to know her through my stories and my eyes. Mindy I luvs ya' and you have made my life better in knowing you.

Luv and Hugs, Ruthie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:42pm
I am truly honored that when I first came on to the board somebody thought I might be a Mindy/Isabella identity. lol Although Mindy's stories and odes have cheered me. I even have my Moose On the Loose Ode she wrote just for our town's wayward Moose! I'm not sure Mindy would have thought of becoming anybody's mountain momma but I'm very glad I found this board with her wacko entries. lol Yep! Balloons,tickertape and cannaloni too!(Is that the desert ones? lol) I'll even attempt the Rocky and Bullwinkle big Macy's balloons for ya Mindita! Just hearing what Mindy was cooking made my idea of dinner seem like cold Taco Belle fare.Hugs, BB

Pages