Feeling a bit miffed.....

iVillage Member
Feeling a bit miffed.....
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:56am
Finally got up the nerve to send the poem I wrote to the paper. They had an article asking for messages etc. from families of service personal. I sent it a few days ago.

Today, on the front page of the paper was a pic. of a lady. Guess why, come on...just guess. Wrong! lol She wrote a poem, a very nice poem, which I will now post here.

Weather Tom, Nick or Mary/ whether home or abroad/ whether on land, sea or in the air/ we're proud of you all/ we show our support with the flags that we fly/ we ask God to protect you with his love from on high/ God Bless America

I will be the first to admit, she wrote a wonderful poem. What has me miffed is I didn't even get a reply from them. Didn't want to be on the front page. Certainly not a pic. But would a "thanks for sending, we'll think about it." been to much to ask for? Was what I wrote that bad. (Don't answer that, please!)

Feeling a bit hurt here. Maybe just silly on my part.

Rain

5360774911227568598063_610w

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:20am
Rain, do you think they need just a few more days? or did they receive

so many that they didn't have time yet to thank all?

but you do write beautiful words, my friend.

love you,

dindy_da_brat

~*~ Aloha to all .... ~*~

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:17am
Rain, I like it, it says it all. Maybe Dindy was right, keep looking, you may still find it on another day. ..Free
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:20am
(((rain))) dont feel bad those papers can be heartless.we all know you write good poems and from the heart too!!((hugs))mindy
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:39am
Don't be upset Rain, your poem was most likely wonderful, they were just looking for certain elements in it to sell newspapers. It is a shame that the article didn't at least thank all those who entered, that's rude. Now you understand why it takess me so long to write one page. LOL

Cheer Up!

Hugs Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:03am
Okay...first of all. We all know you did a great poem. Secondly how big is this newspaper? Ours does some of the dumbest stuff and it has a pretty good sized readership. Yes. They should have acknowleged receiving your work at the very least. They either were illequipped to handle the massive response or have bad manners. I'd think that they should have left the picture out and either added a story about all of the poems they got (and acknowleged that they were unable to respond to all of them personally) or said that they would post subsequent poems in future editions. Welcome to life in the real world where people who should behave intelligiently don't always. Hugs and don't quit writing. BB
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:24am
HI Rain

I am sorry the newspaper was rude to you. I am betting they got thousand of poems and just haven't gotten to yours yet. Mindy is right yu write good poems so maybe they will use your another time.

Hugs

Mary

&n
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:29am
I can understand your being hurt by this, but I think also that perhaps maybe they have to go through them all and are only going to post one a day and have not read yours yet. I do hope that they still will thank all those that entered theirs... I would think even if they designated a page or two to the wonderful poems that were submitted. I love your writings and know that yours was a great poem, so believe that they have yet to read it.

Hugs Lor

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:40am
Poop on them!! Call them and make sure they got it and it was read by the right person. Gabby

&n