The past 2 weeks or so have been rough

iVillage Member
The past 2 weeks or so have been rough
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 10:18pm

I had thatched the lawn and then a day or two later I got this nasty pain in the right butt cheek.  It felt like someone booted me or something, then a day or so later it moved very quickly to another spot on my back, the pain stopped in the butt cheek and started elsewhere.  It has done this for the last 2 weeks hurt like crazy then move to a different spot and hurt there. 

Well I thought ok I am certifiably nuts, things like that don't happen.. couldn't find anything on the Internet about shifting pain and stuff... so I did not want to go see the Dr and be told Ya Your crazy lady.

Anyhow it got so bad I gave in and went to see a Dr.  he suggested I get blood tests done as it was possible it could be Lymes disease... But I was not too agreeable on that as I did not recall a tick nor a rash, but I made an appointment with my family Dr and asked he  order me some blood tests.  I had to explain to him what happened, and he agrees with me not Lymes, but he thinks it is more than likely Rheumatoid arthritis.  SO Yesterday I went to the hospital and had 17 X-rays, 8 vials of blood and a urine sample taken.    Now I am on a wait  thing,  I can not see my Dr until Wednesday  to get my results.

Of course now I made such a fuss about it today it is feeling a lot better.   Why does that seem to be the way go to a Dr and  feel better right away. 

On a different note I have for the last week had a family of what I thought at first were pigeons, but it appears they are Eurasian collared doves.  There are about 7 of them that are spending time in my tree just outside my living room window.  They are so beautiful and it is the first time I have seen doves here where I live, so makes it extra special.  Apparently in the early 70s they were released in the Bahamas, and from what I have read last year they have made their way to the island.   I love birds and so it has been a real joy being able to watch them.

Next Saturday my dd will be graduating... she is coming home on Wednesday to spend a bit of time with us before graduation, she is bringing my dad and my middle dd with her, my dsil and other dd and her family are also coming up but probably not until Friday.  I will have a full house, but will love it.

I have to start thinking of what to make for meals, want to be sure I have plenty of food on hand.  Dd is working and she called me today to say she spent some of her hard earned money on a leather jacket.  She  thought about buying it for over a week and finally broke down and did it. 

Anyhow other than that I have been busy with making some  cards gift boxes and photo albums.  I think there are never enough hours in a day for me.  No wonder I am exhausted.

Wishing you all a very happy fun filled weekend.  Happy Memorial day!

Hugs,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 11:26pm
Hi Lor, I hope it passes.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 2:33pm

Wow, you have had a rough couple of weeks!

Susan siggie
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 8:10pm

Hi Lor

Well I am glad the pain is a lot better for a while. They sure put you through it getting all the blood and xrays. The arthritis is not the answer I would like for you but if it is then they can begin to help you manage it.

I saw the birds on Facebook they are beautiful. Seems you have some very interesting visitors this year.

Congrats to your middle DD!! Wow seems just a short while ago she was just a little girl. You will enjoy having her home for a few days and I know you will love all the company. Now don't wear yourself out too much.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend my friend.

Love

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 10:16pm

Glad you were seen and took all those tests and imaging; always best to check it out even if it seemed to go away.

Have a fun time with the whole fam!

Hugs,

~*~ Aloha to all .... ~*~

~*~ Aloha to all .... ~*~

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-30-2010 - 11:36pm

Wow, Lor, you sure have had a full plate! I hope you get some answers to your back pain problem. Those can really be nasty.

I know you'll enjoy having your family visit.

Jan

Jan