Dd's grad is now over and what a grad ..

iVillage Member
Dd's grad is now over and what a grad ..
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 9:09am

it was.  She arrived at my house on Thursday and was complaining of a sore stomach, by Friday morning it was really starting to feel horrible, but she had her dry grad walk practise so we headed to town so she could do that.  On the way home we had to stop the car a couple times as she was not feeling well at all, and by the time we got home she was full blown ill.  She was throwing up  every 15 minutes or so until about 2:30 in the morning then it slowed down .  We called the nurse line and they said to wait until morning and if she was still vomiting then to take her to the hospital.  Since it quit we didnt do that, and since it was her grad day she was not too keen to go anyhow.  She was not feeling well yet but wanted to go to her grad, so her sister put her make up on her and I put her nails on her while she laid on the couch then we sat her in a chair and worked on her hair.  she was suppose to meet the other grads for a grad parade  (where they all drive through town in the cars) She didnt make that part, felt bad but no way could she do it she said.  We did manage to get her to her grad in time for pictures and she managed to sit through the ceremony.  she won a couple bursaries so that made her happy.  After the ceremony all the kids went to the school for the dry grad, but she said she had to go home could not stay up any longer... but wanted to go for a couple minutes to say goodbye to her friends.  SHe went in for about 5 minutes came out and said lets go home I feel so weak and just want my bed.  So that how her grad went. 

Today it is Tuesday and she still is not feeling well and has not  eaten since Thursday other than 1 piece of toast, 1/2 a piece of corn on cob and a couple pieces of watermelon the size of a quarter... so I am taking her in to the hospital to see if they can help. 

She did look pretty good for someone who was ill at her grad.... but then she  is such a beauty would take more than that to make her look bad ... ok I m her mom so can say that about her.  lol

Anyhow that was my weekend.

Hugs,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 2:03pm
Yikes, Lor, that's one graduation for the books. I'm sure it will be remembered for a long, long, time. I hope dd is

Jan

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 5:06pm

Oh Lor I am so sorry your Dd was ill for her graduation. I was hopingby today she would be feeling so much better. Glad you decided to take her to the Dr sure hope they can help her. Let us know when you can.

Love

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 1:32pm
She will have stories to tell about that grad as she ages for sure!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:48pm

Thanks Jan.

Well dd has started to eat a little but has a ways to go before she is back to her old self.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:49pm

Ah thanks Mare.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:52pm

Cheryl I did take her into the hospital and they said there are 2 very nasty strains of a flu going around right now.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 7:32am

What a time for her to be sick; though glad both of you are feeling better. HUGS!!

~*~ Aloha to all .... ~*~

~*~ Aloha to all .... ~*~

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 10:14am

So glad to hear she is improving.

Susan siggie