Some like it hot...

Administrator
Some like it hot...
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 5:13pm

and some don't! lol Whether some of us like it or not-it's HOT outside! How is it where you are? Any tips on staying cool?

Your ideas could be used in an iVillage slideshow

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Administrator
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 8:02am

I have to say I've never seen it this hot before. We've had record heat all week and again today we have what they call an Excessive Heat Warning. I went to take a walk at my sister's house at 10:00 PM last night and by the time we were done we were both sopping wet from sweating. I don't remember ever being so hot walking that late!

Slowly but surely my hubby is getting our firewood stacked and split for this winter and I know as I going out in the fridged cold to grab some wood I'm going to be thinking back to the days I sat in the shade with ice water watching him split wood in the miserable heat. ;)

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 4:18pm

It's getting hotter and hotter! The weather service has issued a heat alert and an air action alert. They're asking people to check on their neighbors, the ill, elderly and pets. They're also asking that people postpone driving and using gas powered yard tools, since the air quality is so bad. I've been staying indoors the last couple of days, but had to to out today, and will again tomorrow. The AC in my car isn't working, so I was soaked both when I got where I was going and when I got home.

Come January, though, we're going to be wanting some of this heat! LOL

Jan

Jan

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 8:14pm
I
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 2:42pm

Hi Karla

I live in the desert southwest so it is HOT here. Thank heavens we don't have the high humidity that a lot of states do. So as you have always heard it is a dry heat here. I was raised in the midwest and always love the heat but not the humidity. I love it here where it does get sooooo "Hot" in the summer. Going to be 111 here today but our humidity is only 12% and the dew point at 39%. Getting in the pool later today is our plan.

We learn out here to keep water handy at all times. Look for shade everywhere you go. Stay out of the heat during the hottest times of the day if you can.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 4:54pm

98 degrees in East Tennessee this afternoon!

Susan siggie
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 12:41pm

It's hot in the Chicago area, but not as hot as the east coast, lately.

This heat just is not good for those of us that seem to generate our own. Hot flashes are really bad but even more so when it's this hot out. I'm trying to stay in, as much as possible.

My mom's favorite trick while I was growing up, was to put her feet in a basin of cool water out in the back yard.

Jan