Green beans, heat advisory, and more....

iVillage Member
Green beans, heat advisory, and more....
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 9:53am

Random thoughts for the 'day'. 

Last night dh brought green beans in from the garden.  I spent my evening snapping them and cooked part of them.  I could only get about 1/2 in the large soup pot!  Put them in the fridge and drug myself to bed.  Got up this morning, and cooked the other half.  Can't wait till supper. 

There is a heat advisory here, as well as a good portion of the states today.  NOT fun!  If it is where you live be safe and stay cool!  Don't do anything outside you dont' have to today. 

I want bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwiches.  I was in the mood for bacon when I picked up groceries.  With the beans coming in that was a good thing so I had enough bacon for them.  Our tomatoes aren't ripe yet so I have been buying them at the store.  Aldi's weren't 'bad' for store bought but the last ones came from Walmart and talk about plastic.  I decided to go get, lettuce, tomatoes and more bacon and remembered that there is a farmers market today...  I'm going to stop by and see if they have any home grown tomatoes while I am out!  Wouldn't that be GREAT????  Do you frequent farmers markets? 

Any random thoughts you want to 'share'??? 

cherylqs1.jpg picture by cl-coldfingers

YourWellBeing.gif picture by cl-coldfingers

For more info on menopause and perimenopause visit:
cl-klrambo's Menopause Oasis

Remember....you are NOT alone!!!!!

hdfCLOTM1b.gif picture by cl-coldfingers

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 4:57pm

It's so darn hot!!!! The heat index - how hot it feels - is 102, here. Of course, I had lots of errands to run, today, so was out in it for a while. Now, I'm home in the AC and not planning on going anywhere else. Dinner is going to be shrimp tacos, so I don't have to cook much, only thaw out the already cooked, frozen shrimp. I will make some asparagus, but that's fast, so it shouldn't be too much of a chore, unlike all those beans! Yikes, that's a bunch of beans, but will be nice in the winter, if you freeze some of them. I picked and cooked most of my chard last night and it was sooooooo good! I still have a whole lot of leaf lettuce, but dh has had problems with the last few salads he ate, so we're holding off on those until after he's healed from his next surgery. My basil and oregano

Jan

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 5:12pm

Oh, my beans.....

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 8:23pm

HI Cheryl

We have a high heat advisory here until Friday night. Temps in the 110 and 115 range for us here in the desert southwest. Dh and I had to go for our physical today and then he had PT this afternoon.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 4:02pm

Funny you should ask.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 5:26pm

Well, I didn't find any tomatos at the farmers market.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 9:58am

I didn't find a farmer's market.