Labor Day in the US.

iVillage Member
Labor Day in the US.
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 2:47pm
A long holiday weekend is coming in the States.  (realizing that when you are retired every day is a 'weekend'...)  Some places have celebrations, or parades, or picnics etc, are there any near you and do you plan to attend?

b2scheryl.png picture by cl-coldfingers

For more info on menopause and perimenopause visit:
cl-klrambo's Menopause Oasis

welbeingboardad-1.png picture by cl-coldfingers

Remember....you are NOT alone!!!!!

hdfCLOTM1b.gif picture by cl-coldfingers

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 9:24am

Happy Labor Day, everyone!! Here's a little history (for those curious about the holiday) -

From Wikipedia:

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 12:01am

I live in a very tourist driven town, so there is always something going on. Currently the weather is amazing, and perfect for any outdoor activity. So the weekend will be a busy one around the community.

As for us....we have stuff to do at home, so laying low this weekend. Maybe some beach time, and relaxing. :)

Well Being (=) Equals a well heart, mind and soul.

My Google WEB BLOG

My Photo Blog

Well Being (=) Equals a well heart, mind and soul.

My Goog

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 4:15pm
By all means filling it up an freezing it is the way to go!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2010 - 3:59pm

My town doesn't do much for Labor Day. Last weekend was the back to school fest, with a 5K run, family walk, games, food and fireworks.

Next weekend is our "Pathways" parade (sort of a founder's day event), Octoberfest, games, food, art show, fireworks, etc.

We're planning on getting out the smoker and slow cooking some ribs, a pork roast and maybe a beef roast. I might even get a chicken and some salmon, since those are really good when hickory smoked, too. It's one of the tall smokers with 5 shelfs, so we try to fill it up when we do that. I'll package up a lot of it for later use. It's wonderfu, during a January blizzard, to have the house smell like a summer BBQ, when I reheat some of it.

Jan

Jan