Strange Spotting...Help...

iVillage Member
Strange Spotting...Help...
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 2:55pm
I really need help, and have posted on other bored, but haven't gotten much response other than that I should see a doctor. I would, only, I don't have one, and I don't have insurance at the moment, either. So, here is my question: I have been sick since last Friday with a sinus infection and what seems to be the flu (which is what a co-worker of mine had, and apparently I cought from him). I woke up on Saturday feeling awful, I had the chills, a fever, and fatigue. Anyways, when I went to the bathroom, I had some spotting. I was on day 16 of my cycle, and I usually don't get my period until day 26 or so, so I was a little worried. Now today, almost five days later, the spotting continues, and is at times clotty, much like a period. The spotting is nothing like a usual period, though, and seems to be worse when I have a violent cough or when I blow my nose. I also am experiencing slight cramping, similar to the kind I get right before my period. I am convinced that since the spotting came around the same time I got sick, that my hormones got messed up, and is causing the spotting. I have never experienced the spotting before, so this is new, and frightening. Has anyone experienced a similar change in their cycle when they were very sick? What might this be? Thanks!