Strange menstural period

iVillage Member
Strange menstural period
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 1:45pm
I'm on the pill and have been for almost 6 years and have never had a problem with my periods, until recently.... I've noticed some spotting about 4 days before my period starts. This doesn't happen all the time, although this is the third time it's happened. The first time, I flipped out and was really scared because my period always starts on the same day, and if it is off, it's only by a day. I went to the doctor and had her give me a pregnancy test, it was negative. I took one two weeks later, negative. The next month, my period was fine. The month after, it happened again. I was bleeding a little bit about 3 days before my period was supposed to begin. I called a doctor and asked if I might be pregnant, I also told him it had happened to me before a couple of months back. He asked me if I had missed any pills and if I take it the same time every day. I have NEVER missed a pill and I ALWAYS take it the same time every day. He told me I wouldn't be pregnant and that it sometimes happens if I changed my diet or exercise a lot. A month later, it was on time. The month after, it was on time. And now this month, it's happening again! I know that I'm not pregnant, I don't think anyway! All the other times this has happened, I haven't been pregnant. I just don't know why it's doing this! I've been exercising a lot and I did change my diet a lot this month, could that be the reason why this is happening? I get very nervous and scared when this happens. I just want to know why??? Is this normal????