Please respond, what's happening?

iVillage Member
Please respond, what's happening?
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 10:08am
I'm on the pill and have been for almost 6 years and have never had a problem with my periods, until recently.... I've noticed some spotting about 4 days before my period starts. This doesn't happen all the time, although this is the third time it's happened. The first time, I flipped out and was really scared because my period always starts on the same day, and if it is off, it's only by a day. I went to the doctor and had her give me a pregnancy test, it was negative. I took one two weeks later, negative. The next month, my period was fine. The month after, it happened again. I was bleeding a little bit about 3 days before my period was supposed to begin. I called a doctor and asked if I might be pregnant, I also told him it had happened to me before a couple of months back. He asked me if I had missed any pills and if I take it the same time every day. I have NEVER missed a pill and I ALWAYS take it the same time every day. He told me I wouldn't be pregnant and that it sometimes happens if I changed my diet or exercise a lot. A month later, it was on time. The month after, it was on time. And now this month, it's happening again! I know that I'm not pregnant, I don't think anyway! All the other times this has happened, I haven't been pregnant. I just don't know why it's doing this! I've been exercising a lot and I did change my diet a lot this month, could that be the reason why this is happening? I get very nervous and scared when this happens. I just want to know why??? Is this normal????

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 7:22pm
Hi Kristy! Here's what I found for you. It explains Abnormal Bleeding.

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/115/28597.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

It could be anything, Myself-I have periods that are so strange, I can only guess when its going to come and how long it will last. My GYN says its the change of life starting. But I'm only 32! My mom's period changed when she was 31, and she is still going thru that change (she's 52). I suggest, If it really bothering you go to your GYN and let them know that you are worried. I'm sure they will check you out and answer any questions you may have. If they dont, sweetie....find one that will!

Take Care & let me know how your doing!

*michelle*

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 2:42pm
Thank you so much for your response! I was very worried, after viewing the website you posted for me, I think it is because I've been excessivly exercising lately and changing my diet frequently. It just worried me because I'm on the pill. If it happens again, I'm going to make an appointment with my obgyn. Thank you!!