Do you play video games? (article fo...

iVillage Member
Do you play video games? (article fo...
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 4:45pm

Do you play video games? (article following)

• Yes, I love my Wii, DS, Xbox or other gaming system.
  • Occasionally
  • Only with the kids
  • Never
  • Other, please share

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 4:46pm
Slaying orcs, charting military campaigns and gunning down bad guys might not sound like things seniors would be interested in pursuing for fun or exercise.

But they might want to start, some experts on aging say.

Research has found that off-the-shelf video games have the potential to help seniors age more gracefully, keeping their minds sharp and responsive through game play.

Read more.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 5:01pm
I don't play often, but my husband uses his PlayStation 3 as a way to wind down from the stress of work. Now, I don't really understand how refighting World War II or battling evildoers on a distant planet is relaxing for him, but I guess it's not a bad thing.

The rehab center where my mother lived for a year got a Wii, and even residents with very limited physical ability could take part in some of the activities. It really helped to draw folks out and allow them to participate in the fun instead of just watching or worse, sitting in their room feeling left out.

Siggy
Community Leader of Women's Health Issues

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 9:26am
I like that the rehab center has found the Wii useful for it's residents.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 10:47am
We have a Wii, and Wii Fit... the kids love it, but I am just not into it really.

Photobucket

✿◕‿◕✿VOTE FOR THE NEXT PURPLE LAB STAR: HALEY!!✿◕‿◕✿

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 9:07pm
I do with the younger folks. Speaking of video games I need to get this WII Fit that is creating such a steer.
Glitter Graphics