My favorite workout apparel is.... (a...

iVillage Member
My favorite workout apparel is.... (a...
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 9:56am

My favorite workout apparel is.... (article in 2nd post)

• shorts & t-shirt
  • capri workout pants & t-shirt
  • yoga pants & t-shirt
  • shorts & sports bra
  • capri workout pants & sports bra
  • yoga pants & sports bra
  • shorts & tank top
  • capri pants & tank top
  • yoga pants & tank top
  • other, please share

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 9:57am

Are you ever to old, or too big, to workout in a sports bra?

A few years ago, UK columnist Kira Cochrane wrote a piece for The Guardian about the perils of being overweight in the summer.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 12:26pm
I think manner of dress for exercise should be a matter of personal choice.

I voted for yoga pants and T-shirt, but sometimes I still slip into the baggiest sweatpants and T-shirt I own before heading to the gym. It's not that I am ashamed of my body, but just that I don't want to attract undue attention.

Other people — some smaller than me and some bigger — choose to show more. As long as they're comfortable with it and no public indecency laws are being violated, more power to 'em, I say.

bunsofclay

Community Leader of Women's Health

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 7:52pm

it depends what I am doing for exercise...whether I am going for my walk or starting my dvd workout (Jillian Michaels)....and it also depends on the time of year and what the weather is like....I live in an area where we have 4 seasons..I do not go to the gym as I do not drive anymore due to my eyes...I live in a subdivision where I can do my walks on the side streets and sidewalks.

I think with everybody, it is to each their own...whatever you feel comfortable in and gets you moving...then wear it...

Susan