so many symptoms; don't know what it is

iVillage Member
so many symptoms; don't know what it is
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 11:36am

I have no idea what could be my problem; I am 26, moderately active, eat healthy and I don't take any medications. I have never been seriously ill and never have had to have any surgeries. But the past few weeks have been strange; any input would be great!

1. I have a mild burning sensation in my vagina. Not enough to be painful just annoying. I have no other symptoms pointing to a yeast infection or UTI; Ive had both before on more than once occasion and know what those feel like. I have taken OTC for yeast and no changes; and some actual medication for UTI, no change.

2. For the past almost two weeks I have had recurring headaches in the late afternoon and also I am very tired. Usually I can stay up till ten no problem. But now by three or four pm I can hardly keep my eyes open. I have no energy and just want to come home and sleep.

3. For the past three days I have been getting nauseated at various times throughout the day; I never threw up until this morning; when I woke up at four am throwing up. Along with this nausea I have felt dizzy and a bit disoriented.

I haven't started a new diet or changed anything else I use or eat. Any ideas?

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 6:13pm
Hello again, Mrs. G – I'm so sorry to hear you're having more problems! Has the breast pain you were experiencing a while back subsided, or is it continuing along with these other symptoms?

As I recall, you don't have health insurance and were concerned about the expense of going to a doctor, but I urge you in the strongest possible terms to seek professional medical care now! This could be so many things, I don't even want to speculate. It could be — and I truly hope it is — something minor and easily treated, but it could also be a serious health condition. Only a doctor can make that call.

Please get to a doctor as soon as you can, even if that means going to the emergency room. Yes, I think it's that important. The longer you wait, the worse it will get. Think of it this way: If your husband were having health problems of the magnitude you're having, would you let him suffer or would you want him to see a doctor? Too often, women tend to think we can weather anything, but there is such a thing as being too stoic when it threatens your long-term health and well-being.

I wish you all the best. Please let us know how you're doing.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 9:40am
Hi. I'm very sorry to read that you are suffering from such strange symptoms and feeling so ill. I'm afraid I can only reiterate what Maureen told you, and urge you to go to a doctor or a clinic and get this checked out. The sooner you do it, the better. If you are suffering from something, then having it diagnosed and then treated will be the best thing for you. It sounds as though the symptoms you mentioned a short while ago have become worse, not gone away on their own. In that case, you need the analysis of a health care provider. Please see a doctor as soon as you can.

Photobucket

Basking in the wonder of spring...

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 12:22pm

Thanks for the input; I have a gyno appt. on July 15th; that is the earliest they could get me in. It only cost $175 and if they do blood work that will cost but they let me know how much before they do anything.

The good news is that

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 2:53pm
Hi Mrs. G,

I'm so glad you've got an appointment! Be sure to mention the breast pain even though it has subsided, because it seems to me that it lasted a good long while — about four months in all, is that right?

I asked some colleagues if they could offer you any advice, and cl-libelulle told me about some online resources for finding low-cost healthcare. These might come in handy if you need to seek further treatment.

Free clinics

Although eligibility for free and low-cost healthcare clinics varies according to location, here is a list of resources that might help:

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 8:35pm

Hi, I came over after your cl asked me to take a look at your symptoms.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 2:26pm
How did the doctor visit go, Mrs. G? I hope it brought you some peace of mind.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2010 - 11:41pm
Hello Mrs. G,

I've been thinking about you lately and hope you're doing all right. If you get a chance, please stop by the board and say hi, or you can always send me an e-mail message through my profile if you prefer. I hope all is well. Take care.