WWN - Jan. 19: Let's Sleep On It!

iVillage Member
WWN - Jan. 19: Let's Sleep On It!
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 3:01am
This week's Your Total Health Women's Wellness Newsletter is about sleep. Most of us don't get enough, and this issue includes links to:

â€¢ 5 Reasons You Need More Sleep

â€¢ 9 Ways to Get Better Sleep

â€¢ Sleep Yourself Slimmer

And, I'll throw in a bonus link for those who remain unconvinced of the importance of adequate sleep:

â€¢ 8 Serious ways sleep deprivation can hurt your health

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 8:41am
I know I'm on the deprived side lately, and even when I'm asleep, I'm stressed...dh has told me that I've started grinding my teeth again =(
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 3:14pm
Uh oh. Do you have a mouthguard you can use to prevent you from grinding your teeth while you're sleeping? Have you been able to pinpoint the main source of your stress? If you have, is it something with an end in sight, or is it an ongoing problem?

Siggy

Community Leader of Women's Health

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 2:51pm

No mouthguard since it's not a "normal" thing for me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 12:37pm
After I asked about your primary source of stress, I read another message in which you mentioned your husband quitting his job and actually said aloud, "Well, that has to be it!" I didn't know you had your own work-related problems weighing on you as well. Wow, that is a lot to deal with all at once. I hope things start to settle down for you soon!

Siggy

Community Leader of Women's Health

NWHW Button
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 7:32pm

I found this informative. I know today's youth on the average are just barely limping along with very little sleep.

==============================

Being Tired Is a Bummer
Kids are famous for throwing tantrums when they’re tired, but even grownups can get irritable or weepy when they’re sleep deprived. Now research is asking whether or not too little sleep can cause mental illnesses such as depression. Studies at the University of London and the RTI International in North Carolina have found that kids who suffer from insomnia, trouble falling or staying asleep, and other sleep problems, are at greater risk of developing depression later in life. Teens whose parents allow them go to bed at midnight or later are 24 percent more likely to suffer from depression and 20 percent more likely to have suicidal thoughts than those whose moms and dads mandate a 10 p.m. lights-out policy, according to a study published in the January 2010 issue of Sleep.

Flowers & ButterflyFlowers & Butterfly