Your Face's Health Clues: Fair or Folly?

iVillage Member
Your Face's Health Clues: Fair or Folly?
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 1:39pm
What do you see when you look in the mirror? According to Chinese medicine, your face is a window to your health. Your forehead, nose, chin, right cheek, left cheek: Each of these five face zones gives you clues to what is going on inside your body--if you know what to look for! Read on to decode what your face reveals about you.

What do you think after reading the blog -- is face-reading a valid method of diagnosis, or just so much hooey?

Siggy

Community Leader of Women's Health

• Pull Up a Chair At the Kitchen Table â€¢

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 2:48pm

Hmm.... well, let's see.

I do have the constant furrow on my forehead and I am a very emotional person.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 3:59pm
Sorry to say, although I admire Eastern medicine and philosophies, I think the face clues just don't hold up.

Molly

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 6:05pm

I DO have furrows in my forehead --- age related or worry? Maybe

I DO have asthma but no symptoms on my right cheek

I do get pimples around my nose and on my chin so it could be my diet (although I rarely eat chocolate or spicy foods) and I no longer have issues with hormones (being post menopausal)...

So I vote for folly...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

March is National Craft Month!
March 20 is National Quilting Day!
What will be your next remodeling project?
Yes, you can look stylish insweat pants!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 7:54am

I think that it makes sense to look for symptoms on the body, but I hope that people don't get the notion that that is the only way that Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors make a diagnosis. And like Western-trained doctors, it takes TCM doctors many years of training to become a licenced doctor.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 9:00am
Interesting, but I don't think that it really applies.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 2:03pm

Okay, interesting and I had to work for it.

siggy line

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 7:29pm
i think it is useful but shouldn't be relied upon as the sole way to tell how a person is feeling.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:34pm
This was enough to send me scurrying to the mirror, lol. What I noticed is that my right cheek was a little reddish -- and then yesterday evening, I felt a cold coming on for the first time in two years. Spooky.

Siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:40pm
Well, my initial inkling was "just so much hooey," but as I read on, I remembered some things that made me think maybe there's something to it. They could be coincidences, though.

Siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 11:04pm
One of the things I remembered is that I had recurring breakouts on my chin at the same time other weird stuff was going on. I didn't figure out until much later that it all must have coincided with my thyroid going kaput, which certainly causes a hormone imbalance of its own. Still, I'm not convinced. I would say I'm squarely on the side of...completely undecided, lol.

Siggy

Pages