Well it certainly does take longer

iVillage Member
Well it certainly does take longer
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:41am
to read the posts but the board sure does look nice. Worked a little on my profile last night will finish it later. I have issues with this 'add to friends list' It reminds me of when I was in high school never having been very athletic I was always the last one chosen for the volley ball team in gym. I mean this is presure, what if no one puts me on thier friends list. I am just clicking add to friends list for every post that way I should see all the posts. And what about new ones will we not see thier posts because they are not on our friends list. Oh well I sure we will all get used to this. i have chosen the juggler for my avatar as that is what I seem to do everyday. Juggle kids, schedules, life and of course Ladybug time. If I could upload my own it would be a lighthouse.

We are haveing lovely weather in Contraryville lately and I have seen some sure signs of spring. Kites in the air a convertable or 2 with top down and 2 fat breasted robins bouncing across my lawn. Of course here in Western Wisconsin we are always ready for winter to loose it's icy grip on us by march and we truely believe that spring is here. But in reality we can and often do have a lot more winter weather ahead of us. Snow and lots of it is common right up to the end of April. We have ice and snow forcasted for the end of the week. Yucky.

The construction work on the new bath in the basement is coming along as is the fine pouder of sheetrock and concrete dust that I battle daily.

Have a great day everyone. MM

Community Leader
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:17am
Janet and I are having a discussion about the 'friends', MM. I think that the only person who can sees the little "friendship face" that you have chosen to give to someone is you. If it makes you feel any better you have one of them beside your name on my screen!!

You are very right...the 'juggler' does fit you!!

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

Community Leader
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:33am
Awwww, I'll put you on my friends list!!! LOL I don't quite understand that concept either. From what little I know, I guess if you put someone on your "ignore" list, they won't even be able to read your messages...is that correct??? So what's the friends list for? It says that they can read all 3 pages of your profile...Hmmm...I didn't even know there were 3 pages.....Oh, gee....

Hope you have a good day. And WE WILL Persevere!!

Hugs,Shari

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:47am
We need an "Ah-ha!" icon!!

I said earlier in a message to Janet that I just knew that I had seen more than one of those little 'friendship faces' in a single message before! I had!!! But you'll never see more than two of them! In the message from Shari to MM - both of them had the cute little face, since they are both on my 'friends' list!

I had forgotten that if you do not assign a 'friend' status to an individual they cannot read all three pages of your profile. So...I guess *that* would be a dead give-away for a person viewing your profile as to whether or not they are on your frinds list!

Ignore only works on YOUR end....you do not see their messages....they do not know they have been ignored - except that they might not be able to read your profile at all?!! I was going to try to test that feature by 'ignoring' you, Shari, and ask if you'd let me know - then I realized I'd not be able to see your response!!!

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

Community Leader
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:35pm
LOL Kt
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:26pm
Thanks KT It makes me feel good to know you think of me as a friend. Love you. MM
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:49pm
You're choosing everyone. I'm choosing no one! LOL!

I'm happy to find any and everyone here when I arrive, so I'm leaving that option blank.

Perhaps the techies will add the embed feature at a later time ... unless they want us to hang out longer so we're certain to notice all the ads! LOL!

Francine

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:18pm
I'm putting little blue hats on everyone! Lot of good it will do though as I didn't fill out all of the pages of my profile anyway! KaCee PS MM your avitar is perfect!

Poof!!! I'm gone!!

KaCee

Community Leader
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:47pm
I am still trying to figure out when we add a friend what it does? I don't see any difference. I added you and KT but I need to know what it is doing or I won't click on it again....hummmmmmmmmmm

Yes, it does take longer to get things done here. But at least I am not as apt to forget and leave my cap on because it asks me to sign in everyting I click post....so that is good.

And you don't have to start out on the right hand side. I keep for getting that I could if I would like write a real letter with indents and everything...lol....

Janet