Kt, Member Board settings

iVillage Member
Kt, Member Board settings
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:57pm
I went to my setting section of my profiles and can't understand a note. it says: NOTE: Email will be sent to the address associated with your membername. Other members will not see your email addres when they write to you.

I don't understand that statement. What email will be sent to the address associated with my membername and what does it mean when they say other memberrs will not see my emamil address. Does it mean that anyone who emails to me won't see my email address. Sorry I am so dense.

Community Leader
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:42pm
Don't you be calling yourself dense now, young lady!!

Yes, it means that anyone who emails you using that link will NOT see your email address.

If you email anyone using the link in their profile the *will* see your return address.

If you registered at iVillage using an email address that you don't want mail from your profile link coming to...go to this link and change your address: http://auth.ivillage.com/forgotPassword/1,1096,,00.html You may want to set up a special email address at Hotmail or Yahoo for this purpose.

Make sense?

Kt

Edited 3/26/2003 10:43:00 PM ET by klrambo

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:46pm
I just sent you an e-mail through your profile...so we can see how this is going to work.

Pab

Pab

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:27am
Thanks KT and Pab for the responses. Kt, it all made sense when I read yours. I wasn't thinking about the 2 systems -- sending e-mail from "my" profile and sending e-mail from "someone else's" profile. Pat, thanks for the e-mail. I think I'm understanding it n ow and really like this new system. Your email came over with a Yahoo address, one which I didn't have before. It is wonderful when my eyes open!!!!

Elaine

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:33am
Good Elaine...I switched my e-mail in my registration for iVillage from my regular home e-mail to this one with Yahoo,which I have had for awhile but never used. Thanks for the info.

Pab