Brain

iVillage Member
Brain
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:49am
Here's the scoop on my brain. The MRI showe I DO have one. It also showed a fuzzy white area that Dr. Grace requests I have evaluated by a neurologist. The written report states the area in question is probably related to migranes. Period. DD works for Dr. Grace and she called me back after the Dr. spoke with me. Speaking in a whisper so they wouldn't hear her, she said not to worry about it because it is nothing. She will bring me the report tonight. DD is an alarmist, so I believe her since in this situation, she is not concerned. Before menopausse, I did have migranes.

You might wonder if I am ever serios. The answer is yes, but in this, I am making light of it all.

Just a follow up to my bestest friends.

Elaine

iVillage Member
In reply to: marmoranana
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:55am
Thanks for the report,Elaine(alias Ying & Yang). We were pretty sure you had one... a brain, that is...lol

Did you see my note about your "pinky finger syndrome"?? Just in case you didn't, I just wanted to tell you what causes it...too many pink colored cocktails...!

Seriously, we do hope that everything is ok "up there" and our prayers are that you have good health and a continued sense of humor!! :)

Love ya, Shari

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:00am
Shari, you are a special friend. Thanks. I loved the pinky thing. And as for the MRI, I'd be a pretty strange person if I wasn't a tad worried. That is why I come to the Board.

Elaine

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:35am
Morning Elaine! Yes, we were pretty sure you had a brain! LOL! Now listen to your DD and don't worry overmuch(I won't say at all because after all "worry" is in our wiring!) about further evaluations. Have a good day! KaCee

Poof!!! I'm gone!!

KaCee

Community Leader
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:11pm
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear all looks okay. Really glad to know that I'll be able to go on another little parking lot tour with you without worrying!! .. ô¿~

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:04pm
Great news. Take care.

Take care.  God bless u & yours,

Joan

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:33pm
Elaine, i am glad there is something there (L) and awfully glad that things look good. Let us know when you hear more.
Bren
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:48pm
Elaine,

Your situation sounds a bit like mine. I had two brian MRIs ... six months apart ... because of involuntary eye twitching in my right eye. A complete opthamological evaluation indicated no problems, hence the MRIs.

The MRI discovered I have a tiny area of my brain that is *different* but it is in an area that could have nothing to do with vision. Go figure.

I also consulted a neurologist ... saw her twice. The eye problems disappeared on their own without medical intervention of any kind.

The end result is ... Doctors have no clue what the spot is or was caused from ... except that it looks *old*. I may have been born with it. They further said ... this is gross ... that when bodies are donated to science and brains are studied, people who have lived long healthy lives have had this type of *difference*.

I hope you fall into this *no problem* category, too.

I'm not a worrier by nature so I refer to it as my *Pollyanna Defect*! LOL! Just thought I'd share my story. This all happened, BTW, just before my knee surgery last winter.

Have a good night.

Many blessings!

Francine

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:09pm
So you won't be going down the yellow brick road with Dorothy to get a brain. I hear you are planning to keep the one you have since it seems to be in good shape.

DH's has had quite a few MRIs and although he has a neurological condition, it doesn't show up on the MRIs. Yet , my chronic sinus infection did. Go figure.

Yours seems to be okay. Glad to hear that.

Hug

Hope

Hug Hope
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:18pm
If you're not worried, we're not either, Lanie. But still, let us know when you get the final word. Take care....BB
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:05pm
I'd like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I appreciated the humor and caring responses. Is it any wonder why we are all here on this Board?

Elaine