Frustrated.......m

iVillage Member
Frustrated.......m
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:20pm
Having a lot of trouble navigating, can't find replies, spend so much time trying to find things. No one else seems to be having a problem, guess it's me, no patience, can't concentrate.....sorry to complain, but I feel so sad....miss the old board and how it was so much more "personal".

If any of you would like to keep in touch I guess you have my e-mail.

I'll try again later after work.

Sharon

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:12pm
Sharon don't give up. It is confusing but doable.

I may be mistaking what your problem is but it sounds like you are having trouble reading the replies to original messages. If that is the case look down below the box the message is in and you will see some little read words and or numbers. It will either say 'next discussion if there are no replies to that post or read next if there are replies. If you click on the read next it will automaticly take you to the first reply to the post you have open. You can keep clicking the 'read next' until you have read all the replies and then it will say 'next discussion' Click that and you will open another post and can go through all the post by clicking clicking clicking. Not as easy as embed but it works.

I will sometimes check the outline veiw to make sure I am getting to all the posts as the posts change positions according to which ones have the most recent replies. At least for me once I have read a reply or a number of them say 4 replies when I come back and see that there are new replies my computer takes me to the new replies that I have not read, beginning with reply # 5. On the first screen with all the posts I have little brown dots showing me I have posts or replies I have not read. It drives me crazy to keep all those brown dots gone. Kind of fun though.

Keep trying. I hope that soon we will get back to the important business of the goings on in the garden good bad and beautiful soon and the chitter chatter will be about our lives instead of the way the board works. Normal I guess is what we all want. It will all be that way soon and we will wonder what was the big deal. Love you lots girlfriend. MM

Community Leader
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:33pm
I think we need a BUMMER icon cause that is what this is. We all liked the other boards but they were at the end of their life. They couldn't take it any longer.

We will get this new thing for now if you click on the Outline view just above the box there you can see the headders of the replies. And one nice thing is that when you reply to someone,,,,,,,,,I don't know if you have ever had to do this but I have.....you are typing to someone and then you think what did they say? And I have to open another browser window and navigate to ivillage and back here to read what that person said.....well now it is just under what I am posting.....Your post # 29849.1 is just below so I can re read it as I go along...and just below that you will see Messages in this discussion and you can just click on the next number to see the next reply....

I hope and I don't know if we will ever be able to do it but if we could ever get grafics in our posts that sure makes it fun too......

But just stick with it and pretty soon it will be easier... Janet

Community Leader
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:20pm
Hi there Sharon... YOU can do this! Yes you can! Take it from me, I know I am just a little birdie*** but if I can do this- SO can YOU!!! It is not the same and it is different "but" this is it... Take a deep breath and release, NOW play with the windows and buttons... I have given myself 3 weeks to figure it all out, and you are wiser than I am, So you will make it.... Just put a Smile on that Pretty Face and think Happy thoughts...Have a Great Night... wren
<