This is not a good night. Planes...m

iVillage Member
This is not a good night. Planes...m
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:43pm
keep flying over. I am a 23rd floor overlooking the Hudson River, so it's very disturbing to have a army planes flying over every ten minutes. I know it's for our own protection, but they are nerve wracking. A neighbor bought herself headphones- you know the kind they use in places where they teach you how to handle a gun. I am seriously considering buying one too. Now, that Spring is here and the windows are opened , we hear every noise.
Hug Hope
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:47pm
Yes Hope, strange times we live in. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight. KaCee

Poof!!! I'm gone!!

KaCee

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:55pm
Hope, I remember back in the early fifties when we still had to wear dog tags to school and there were air raid warnings going off all of the time. I did not know that Korea was over when I started kindergarten in 1955. I thought that a war was still going on. I feel the same, now. We don't have planes flying over where I live on a regular basis, but occasionally, I can hear a few military helicopters flying over. This feels the same. Everytime the EBS signals hit the airways I have a brief sense of panic. I sure hope that all of this is over soon.

Dannie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:07pm
I didn't know they were doing that Hope. When did it start? I certainly can understand it being disturbing to you and think your idea about the earphones is a good one. Play a jazzy song and dance your heart out! lol

Elaine