As we move into our new home,,,,,

iVillage Member
As we move into our new home,,,,,
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:45pm
We seem to be getting settled quite nicely in our new home, and we are bringing forth all of the positive vibes that we had in our old home. I think that we need to remember the reason that we exist as a board. It is mainly to provide a place where we can come and be comfortable, receive comfort and support when needed,and laughter. However,we need to be mindful of the feelings of others and make sure that we do nothing that can deliberately or inadvertently cause pain or offense to others. I guess what I am asking is that we practice a little "political correctness" here on the board. I know, I know, "political correctness" has gotten a bad rap lately. But, IMHO, it is just another name for good manners and consideration of each others' feelings. So make sure that, before you post a joke,you are not causing hurt to other members of the board. What may seem like innocent fun to one person may not be so much fun to another.

I suggest that we all take time and read, from time to time, the iVillage Terms of Service, and the "Garden Requests" that can be found on the Ladybugs' Homepage. These help us to remember what we are all about here in the Garden.

Susie, BB, KT, and I hope that the warm feeling of community that we had in the "old house" will remain with us here.

Love to all of you,

Dannie

Community Leader
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:23pm
I will try to think before I bring to much Cheer to the Garden... I sometime am Happy but I Never ever Meant to Hurt anyone."So", If you are pointing at me, Please forgive me. Wren
<
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:38pm
Wren, my post was not "pointing" at anybody. It was meant to be a reminder to everyone about what we want our board to be about. I really don't ever recall your ever posting an offensive joke at all. So there is nothing to forgive of anyone, as far as I am concerned. I don't know how many of you had "family meetings" growing up or when you were raising your own children, but think of my post as the start of a family meeting. We are a kind of sisterhood, and sometimes a gentle reminder will go a long way towards preventing problems and pain before they get started. So, relax. We are not picking on anyone. We just want this to be a place where anyone of good will can come and feel wanted and a part of something special.

Besides, we would never reprimand anyone publicly. If someone becomes a repeat offender, there are specific ways of dealing with them that would not be done here on the board.

Dannie

Community Leader
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:37am
Hi Dannie, I just didn't see anything that was wrong, but I am in perimenopause so maybe the brain isn't seeing something in front of me... I just wondered if the happiness was what was wrong... If so - I asked you, because maybe you seen something and I didn't.. YES I do remember the family meetings BUT in my parents household YOU never spoke unless you were asked and we never ever spoke back.. I was always brought up in a very strict home... I respected others... Well anyway I had to ask because I didn't know what was Wrong and You did..... thanks for your help with this... wren
<
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:59am
Good Morning, Dannie

Did I miss something?

I have never seen a joke or a comment or anything even approximating something politically or other wise incorrect at this board … But thanks for the reminder. Can’t hurt.

We are fortunate to be such a friendly bunch of bugs!

Of course ... I’m not blond ... so the blond jokes go right over my head! LOL!

Check your e-mail later today. I have a question about something I’d like to send to Tami.

Bye for now.

Francine

Community Leader
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 9:32am
Thinking of you during your move...Moving can be VERY stressful. I should know, I moved 10 times in 13 years!

Hugs,Shari

Photobucket