Oh my gosh, the posts......more

iVillage Member
Oh my gosh, the posts......more
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 4:03pm
are changing color again! Yippee! This helps a lot! Thank you, whoever is responsible. Now if we can just get out embed back, we will be a happy bunch of Ladybugs!...LOL!!

Off to read the board now....Hugs....BB

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 4:22pm
But when I log off & return, they are all red again! Also, what happened to my little "friend" symbols that were by the outline view posts? They have disappeared and now there are just little dots!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 4:46pm
I don't have any little friend faces either. Wonder if I will have to start all over again adding to my friends list. Also I have not seen the infamous "Rate this post" box. Is it not appropriate for I board? I hope not. And now today when I read posts and come back later to read the new ones it is taking me back to the first post rather than taking me to the new replies I haven't read. Bummer and confusing. Also I had a bazare thing (I think) happen. I was reading posts and by mistake hit the 'post your reply' button. I had not wanted to post and had meant to hit the read next button. When the 'compose your post' box came up I noticed the post I was supposed to reply to below it along with the little red numbers and 'read next' So I just clicked on the read next button there and instead of going to the next reply, it took me back to the very first post ever on the fifty and up board from Annacaret in Oct 1999. Weird. I think it will take a week or 2 to get all the bugs worked out or maybe never. Anyway we are all still habitating the garden and that is all that counts. MM
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 4:58pm
I'm sure they'll be tweeking (is that the right word?) the new boards over the next few days and weeks. Hang in there, MM. You are right, the most important thing is that we are here, at least most of us have made an appearance. Sure wish we would hear from Karen. I e-mailed her this morning, but haven't heard back.

Good to see you in the garden today. I read your "grands" post. Sounds like they are keeping you hopping today. Rest tonight. Hugs....BB

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 5:02pm
Hmmmm, Shari, this would be a question for someone much more computer savvy than me. I just did a test, and the posts continue to show up as "read" on my screen, even after I have logged off. Not sure why yours are not.

About the friends....my little friends symbols are still there. I am looking at one beside your name right now...:-)....BB

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:14pm
I don't know but is the board working Right??? I am not just talking just this board?? I only am asking, Are they having problems?? I place this question here because it looks like a good place to add mine.... thanks Maybe its the day I know Friday s its a little slower... Now I am just wondering...
<
Community Leader
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:35pm
Hi Yes it will take a few weeks to get the whole thing down pat... But it can be done..Now Have a Great Weekend, Wren
<
Community Leader
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:41pm
Little friendship faces only show on the Folder View right now. I was told they 'should' be coming back to the Outline View soon. Everyone that you had labeled as a friend still is! The *bolding* of your own posts is now gone from the Outline View too - also hopefully to be returned.

But the change in color now applies to the Outline View too!!

Rating system has gone 'bye-bye' except for the few boards that wanted it.

You MUST be logged in for the system to recognize and keep track of which posts you have read - every time!! That is what allows you to go directly to the next read post in Folder View. I have found myself coming into the Garden with my hat on and wondering why nothing shows as having been read!!!

Your 'trip back in time', MM is an interesting phenomenon!! Guess I'll have to try to duplicate it!!!!

Ever learning.....

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

Community Leader
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:45pm
I tried your little "oops" and the same thing happened!!!! Guess I'll 'report' it and see what TPTB have to say about it!!!!!!

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!