Hi, Bugs. We had a small shower, just

iVillage Member
Hi, Bugs. We had a small shower, just
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:24pm
enough to wash some of the pollen off my dirty blue van that was turning green. I don't want it to rain too much for I hope to get into the yard tomorrow to pull some weeds.

Work was tough this week, but I think I have almost gathered the info for the reports. You bugs with grandkids will learn to know these words "No Child Left Behind". Those are the "go words" in education during the Bush Administration anyway. Do you remember Nancy Reagan's drug fight slogan , "Just say no". As much as I admired that lady (and still do), I knew she was clueless if she thought that would work. That was back during the time that no one knew about crack and they told us the crack babies were coming. They came.

I picked up some needlework from the framers that I finished 30 years ago. One piece had never been framed and the other had never been professionally framed. Looks great. I guess I am getting it done now so that my DSs can stick it in their attics. L

I have been watching way too much of the war business, but I just cannot forget that some mother is staying awake wondering how her son (or daughter) is doing. I feel so lucky to know where to find mine.

Have a great weekend.

Bren
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:38pm
So much thought put into that post, Bren.

Yes, "Just say no" was a blunt, but clueless motto. What some little children are exposed to and have to deal with is a true crime.

I'd love to see that needlework. Maybe your sons' wife and future wife would appreciate them, but then again, maybe your sons will appreciate them. All the work and yourself that went into them is what would be so meaningful.

Nice thoughts about your watching the war coverage. I think the same way. It is too sad to think of some of those boys never coming home to their mothers, wives or sisters. That always saddens me and also is the reason I don't like to watch war movies.

Now last, but most important, that van. Please clean it. When we get together I do not want to drive a van with a damaged paint job! I'm counting on you.

Elaine

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:17pm
LOL Elaine, I am thinking of investing in some of those night vision goggles. What do you think? HAGE
Bren
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 8:21am
Wise words spoken Brenda. Try not to watch too much tv news, not good for you to get too much of that. Of course check in every day, but not to overdo it.

Take good care and enjoy your weekend...Hugs, Susie

Hugs,

Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 9:47am
I remember the first gulf war I was watching tv almost 24-7 and I have dozens of tapes and everything waiting to here from DS. I talked to his wife last night and she said that even though she didn't know him then while they were watching the news and he said he knew what they were going through, she said she cried for what might NOT have been... I think that is a WOMAN thing..lol........

It is chilly here today and we had some rain. DH went and washed the car and now my little thing because of this winter has pits on the hood from the gravel. Otherwise it looks pretty good. He even got some hub caps....no, I will call them wheel covers cause they are not metal anymore they are plastic. But the car looks good if you don't get too close to see those nasty pits.......Janet

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:21am
Hi Brenner. We've had some showers pass through also. Suppose to have the heavey stuff later and rain all day tomorrow. Poor DGS has baseball practice this afternoon. I hope it doesn't get rained out. He's only been to one of them. Had 2 cancel because of rain and he was sick for the first one. And, of course, he doesn't have a clue how to play. lol Hope you get some more stuff done in the yard. That's on my plan also, but I don't know. I just seems that education has become more paperwork than teaching. I do believe I learned more in school then my kids did. Oh well, I guess it's called progress. Have a good weekend. Hugs Lynda
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 5:13pm
You made me miss that Little League baseball. I sat on those bleachers for 13 years to watch my youngest play. He played all through high school. You are in for a lot of fun.
Bren
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 5:18pm
Oh my, Janet, I would have watched all the time, too. How you must have worried and prayed.

Is it sand or real gravel that pits the car? We don't usually get enough to have anything put down except a little salt and then it gets scraped. This year we had a lot of ice, but nothing much helps that.

Bren
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 6:15pm
I also remember those years. Boy, talk about sore rear ends. lol Both of my kids played. Doug and I both coached them. I did Jenn for a couple of years when she played softball. I'm so glad you and Binny and SusieK had a chance to get together. It was so great seeing here and meeeting Val. Of course, I always love seeing Frannie. Frannie said when she gets better we need to do some small weekend trips. Maybe we can talk you into heading this way. Hugs Lynda