OK, so am I in the right place?

iVillage Member
OK, so am I in the right place?
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:28am
I know Kt warned me about this, but what a surprise!...The first time I logged in, I was kicked out...lol..

So, Ladybugs, I'm here, hope I can still find out how to move around this board. It does seem easier in some cases but more difficult in others.

Life here Down Under still goes on. I am now a Level 2 First Aider, so that is one less class that I have to go to. Only 7 more this semester...lol...where was my brain when I signed up for all these things? I can only blame myself.

DH is asleep in the chair, the war coverage is wearing him out. Having gone through WW2, he's sure its going to come here and is getting very trumatised by it all. I pray that we will have an end to the conflict soon and all our DF personnel will come home.

DS is out, now that he has a car, he's never home. The latest thing is he wants to quit TAFE and find a job. No use telling him that it will get him a better job in the future if he can just hang in there. I have not seen him do much homework, so I know its no use trying to persuade him differently. I think he also picked the wrong course, he has no background in Import/Export, he was doing a pre-appentiship course at high school.

So, Ladybugs, good luck on the new board. If I can find my way back, 'I will return!'

Take care,

Lesley

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:59am
Hi Lesley. I find all the new buttons confusing so I come here in the middle of the night to try them out most the other Bugs are snoring and can't see me fumbling around. It does get a bit earsier the second and third and fourth try.

Congratulations on your step up in the First Aid course.

Kathey

Kathey
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 6:37am
Good Morning Lesley...good to see you. Congrats on the completion of your course and good luck with the rest you have this semester.

Hang in there with your DS...I know what you are going through, my DD is 22 and DS is 20 and they are both still bouncing around and it doesn't matter what I tell them they have their minds set on how they are going to handle their further education.

Hope you make it back to see us soon.

Pab

Pab

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:09am
Hello, Lesley. Glad you got here. It seems that young people are the same all over, they have to learn these hard lessons for themselves. In the long run, I think it is mostly the parents that love them who suffer at all, for the kids are enjoying the journey of learning these lessons. L Please do come back.
Bren
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:41am
Hi Lesley, always good to see our 'down under' friend. Yes, the war is a very sad situation. It's not good to watch a lot of it, hope your DH can stay away from tv news more.

Your son will figure it all out eventually. One day he will mature and will be fine from having such good parents guiding him even though he seems not to listen to your good advice. It does sink in, he just has a need to "do it his way" now.

Best wishes with your studies, come back again soon...Hugs, Susie

Hugs,

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:48am
Great to see you here Lesley. And mega congratulations on your progress in school. Maybe your DS will come around when he sees how successful you are going to be.

Please remember how to get back here, and come back as often as your can.

Dannie

Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:50am
Glad you found your way, Lesley! Gracious, ladybug, you have your hands full this year at school - that's a *lot* of classes!

Kids are kids the world around! Parents never know 'anything' until the kid gets to be in their mid-20s! Then suddenly parents aren't quite so dumb! But each generation seems to muddle through and with the upbringing your DS has had I am sure he will be just fine. Sure is hard on us as parents to watch them struggle so to find themselves though, isn't it?!

Hope you can make it back again soon!

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 8:14am
Lesley good to see you. This is kind of like comming home to find that you parents have moved isn't it?

We will get used to it.

I know there is no use talking to the young ones. The only thing you can think of is the day they come to you and say "If only I didn't go get that job ...................

Come back often we miss you.......Janet

Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 8:42am
Just wanted to Say Good Morning to YOU Dannie!! ..nt
<
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:18pm
So glad to see you here Lesley! I have been wondering where all our overseas bugs have been. Yes, it doesn't pay to watch too much of the news. It can really get you down. Just wishing this was over and all home safe. Take care, don't study too much. KaCee

Poof!!! I'm gone!!

KaCee

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:28pm
Hi, Lesley, you made it! Good to see you.

About your DS -- they are going to do as they please when they get to the age our sons are, and there is not a lot we can do about it. Whatever happens, I hope it turns out for the best for your DS. And if not, well....it was HIS decision. Sometimes we just have to step back and let them make their own mistakes and suffer the consequences. Good luck to you (and me!...LOL!).....BB

Photobucket