Good Morning Ladies! I have a Question!

iVillage Member
Good Morning Ladies! I have a Question!
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 9:59am
Why do us Ladybug Susies happen to be the biggest Procrastinators? LOL, I just read Susiebugs post, and I have to say I think it may be predestined with our name! What do you think? No the real Question here is why is it, when I try to log in, the button does not do anything? I have to sign on a different way! It would be so much simplier to just click on that log in, next to the welcome and come right in! Does any one else have that problem? Or did I forget to do something?

No Shari, I don't know what the case is about, I do know it is a cilvil case. I would not want to do a long drawn out case like your husband is going to do! Mostly because I hate going down town any more then I have to! It is right down, dead center of Charlotte, where the court house is! When does he have to go? I just remembered that I need to write myself a reminder to ask them if I can take my radio headphones, to listen to while waiting to be called! I have to call the court house the day before, so will ask them about that! Hope you all are having a great day today! Hugs SusieK

SusieBirdy.gif picture by queenymom52
Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 10:14am
There may be a few bugs for a while. But one thing you can do that may or may not help is if you are using Internet Explorer go up to the top and click on Tools, then Internet Options and on the General tab right in the middle there will be a button that says Delete files.......YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is ok just click on it....a little box will pop up and ask you if you want to delete the offline files too put a check in there and click ok. Depending on how long it has been since you have done that it may take a minute for the hourglass to go away.

All those files are temporary internet files. All the stuff that is ok to delete that may even speed up your computing and help things run a little better. If you have ever clicked on the History button up there on the bar with your back button and home etc. At the end of the day click on that and scroll through it. Those are the places you had been on the internet. If you don't clear that out after a while there could be tons of those files just sitting there waiting to bog you down.

Now while you are in Internet Options you will see a Delete cookies button. I don't delete mine but some people don't like them. So you can delete them but remember those are what holds a little information such as you password to get into sites that you visit all the time. So when you go back to them they won't know you and you will have to sign in again and of coarse you will have a cookied from there again. But it is ok to get rid of them if you want..

My point is clearing out some of that stuff might help you get signed in and whatever just a little bit better........now. With the CLs we are to change our sign in when we are on our boards that we CL and take it off when like for me when I come in here. And sometimes I forget and it should have something that if I try to get into here with my hat on and I am not a CL here it would take me to the sign in page.......Is that too much to ask for??????Probably.......lol....anyway cleaning some of that stuff out can make a difference.......Hope I didn't confuse you......Janet

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 3:56pm
I agree with you, the problem I am experiencing is that even though I keep checking the box that says "save password?" it never does.

Each time I log in I have to put in my password. Is it me or is it just one of those things?

Val

Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:25pm
For the time being (at least) it is just one of those things, Val.

For the gals who are CLs (who don't know to use a second browser or who are on a dial-up system where having two browsers open is a real feat of magic!) it is a night mare.

We are given a "log out" option. But if we use it and go directly to another board we are often logged back in under the same name, even though we have signed back in using another name!!

Oh the glitches of a new platform installation!

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:35pm
Nope, can't be our names...I have a couple of names and am Queen Procrastinator using either..LOL!! Something special we share besides our names, just lucky I guess..LOL!!

Check your email, I sent you one....Hugs, Susie

Hugs,