You know we have been looking for a

Community Leader
You know we have been looking for a
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 10:25am
Different camper. Well we have been checking the Omaha World Herald every day and one came in yesterday that sounds perfect for us. Just what we were looking for. Size is right, price it right...but the darn thing is almost too DesMoines Iowa. About 250 miles away. Rats. If we drive over and like it we have to go back with the pickup to get it. If we don't like it it was just al little trip.

Are we going to see it? I say no but then DH might get a wild hair and........who knows...we are supposed to go on vacation toward the end of April and it would be nice if we get one to take it now when the weather is going to be(or should be) fairly nice. I don't know. I don't look forward to driving that far but we will see.........lol..Janet

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 1:30pm
Good luck, Janet, whatever you decide to do.

Every time you talk about your camper, it brings back all my childhood vacation memories. We always had a camper, a Cox, you know, one of those that travel behind your car, in a "flat" state, then they "pop up" to reveal 2 small beds, stove, frig, two small (tiny!) sofas. We also took a tent, and either my sister or I would sleep in that. Nice memories of fun times. One of the things I remember most is that you meet the nicest people when you camp. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help each other out.

Anyway......hope you find the right camper before you go on vacation next month....BB

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:24pm
DH just dropped off his lunch box and said something about calling that guy over in Iowa....so I suppose we will be going.

I have to call monday morning after 8:30 to the court house to see what they have going on for the days they have me down for jury duty...Would be nice to be able to talk to a real persone.......Hey....I just thought of something. They can make movies without real actors maybe they could have vertual jury??????lol.......Janet

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:31pm
Janet, we have a Des Moines out here too. Talk about a road trip! If you go I hope you have good weather and that the camper is nice enough for you to want to buy it. Good luck! KC

Poof!!! I'm gone!!

KaCee

Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:06pm
Yes it is supposed to be in the 70s next week so the travel shouldn't be too bad.

The young man that hosts the Call for Help show on TechTV is from Des Moines Iowa. His other name besides Chris Pirillo is Lockergnome. And he has a Gnomdex every year. Sort of on the Comdex they have in Los Vegas every year..It is really called Consumer something or other show. But anyway Chris has his in Des Moines and he draws a lot of people there. And some big name(Geek wise) names to speak. I wouldn't mind going it is only a 2 day event. Maybe some time I can.

I would be happy with the camper we have but DH really over the years hasn't asked for much and I think if it is something he wants then he should have it. I bet we go let you know more next week.........Janet

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 5:43pm
Sounds like a nice little trip and you'll have good weather too it sounds like. Just pop in your favorite cd's or tapes and sing along as you tool on down the highway. Iowa is such beautiful country too, at least the part that I have seen was. Hope this camper is just right so you won't have to keep looking anymore. Good luck!

~~~Hugs, Susie

Hugs,

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 6:10pm
Gosh Janet, you husband gets wild hairs, also? Hope the camper works out for your guys. We never had one just did our camping with a tent. Had some very interesting trips. My folks did get a camper after we all left. lol Hope you have a good road trip if you go. Lynda
Community Leader
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:05pm
You do realize, of course, that if you do make this little road trip we'll expect a full report when you get back!

Angels on your bumpers if you go!

Kt

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!