FREEBIE FRIDAY! Ethy reads again this...
Find a Conversation
|Fri, 07-12-2002 - 1:54pm|
FREEBIE FRIDAY! Ethy reads again this week! (EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS) (m)
Hi, everyone! It's Freebie Friday time again. Ethical.goddess is our gracious volunteer reader for this week. EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ANYONE POSTS ANYTHING.
As some of you may have noticed, we've had a few problems recently with people volunteering to do readings and then not following through. If you volunteer and then find that you are not going to be able to keep the commitment, it's okay. But PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE. That way we avoid disappointing people.
In addition, if you are doing a reading for someone, it's okay if it takes you a while to get it done for them. It has taken me a couple of weeks for some of mine because life has been so hectic. But just keep your querent informed, so they know that you are still planning on actually getting to it at some point.
Now that we've got that covered, here is the rundown on the FF volunteer history and upcoming readers. WE COULD REALLY USE SOME MORE VOLUNTEERS IF THERE ARE ANY BRAVE NEW SOULS OUT THERE. No one is expecting to get a professional reading here. This is for practice. So don't feel like you shouldn't volunteer just because you're a beginner. No one is going to be disappointed if they don't get a professional reading! That's not the whole point of these FFs anyway!
IN THE QUEUE: CL-Elliana Scorpio CL-Temple.Singer CL-Maggie_the_cat Geogal
PREVIOUS VOLUNTEERS: Imyourvenus (5/17/02) Starr_gazer_lily (5/24/02) Sorcha_aisling (5/31/02) Diydiva (6/7/02) Ethical.goddess (6/14/02) Myson02 (6/21/02) Cstupar (6/28/02) Starr_gazer_lily (7/5/02)
We can always use more volunteers. And if you do volunter, you won't have to do your reading for at least five weeks with the lineup we have now! So any other brave souls out there want to add their names to the volunteer readers' list? Anyone want to re-volunteer? Just reply to this post to let me know! It would be appreciated by all, and it's a great learning experience!
And thanks everybody who has volunteered so far! You're awesome!
FREEBIE FRIDAY RULES
So what is Freebie Friday, you ask? Freebie Friday is a special plan that CL-Elliana, CL-Temple.Singer and CL-Maggie_the_cat have worked out to have someone at the board provide another member of the board a free reading each week.
NOW, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT EACH ONE OF YOU GETS A FREE READING EVERY WEEK! What it does mean is that ONE of you will get a free reading each week.
Here's how it works: Each Friday we make a post announcing the Freebie Friday and who is up to provide the reading that week. At that point, whichever REGULAR POSTER(SEE RULE #1 BELOW) responds FIRST to that post with their question will be the person for that week to get a free reading.
The person who will do the reading for any given week is determined on a purely volunteer basis. We ask you guys to VOLUNTEER to do Freebie Friday readings. Elliana will keep a list of people who have volunteered, in the order in which they volunteered. Each week, the person at the top of that list of volunteers will be up to do that week's reading. Make sense? We CLs will of course volunteer periodically too. This is an activity for all of us to participate in, after all.
Each week, we will post the current list so you guys know who's in the queue, and we will ask if anyone else would like to volunteer to be put on the list.
1. These readings are a method for group learning. While one member here at the board will always respond and do a reading for each question, everyone else is encouraged to take a crack at it, too. The whole point, after all, is for all of us to learn together. To that end, we must specifically state that these readings are open to "members" of the Totally Tarot community.
In other words, if you've never posted here, please don't just do a "drive-by post" asking for a reading. This weekly post is meant as a learning tool for this community, not a free service to anyone who decides to stop by. This shouldn't discourage any "lurkers" who have just found our board. If you're new to Tarot or have just been lurking for a while, please feel free to post an introduction and join in our discussions, so we'll know who you are! We'd love to get to know you and we encourage you to join us as we learn and explore the Tarot.
2. The same person cannot ask a question two weeks in a row. We may change that to only once a month if we have to, but for now, let's just say not back to back.
3. No person providing a reading here at the board can guarantee the accuracy of their readings. None of us claim to be professionals. We are simply doing this in the hopes that it might help you to learn and provide examples of interpretations that others may learn from.
4. We're doing these on Fridays to allow a little bit of time to actually sit down and do the reading at a time that is good for us. So please be patient and give the Freebie Friday reader a few to several days to get back to you with their interps.
5. The more information you can give when you ask your question, the more accurate your reading will be. So any information you are comfortable divulging may help you get a better reading. Any information related to the situation that might make the cards more meaningful to us when we're trying to understand the spread would be great.
For example, if you're asking about a divorce, understanding as much about the circumstances as possible can really help to make the reading more specific, instead of a generalized, "I see good/I see bad type" of reading.
6. Other board members are encourage to take a crack at these Freebie Friday readings themselves. It is a good way to practice and hone your interp skills. Jump right in -- I'm sure the querent isn't going to mind getting more than one reading after all! Bonus for them!
Ok, now that we've got all that settled, who wants this week's Freebie Friday reading?