Just a thought

iVillage Member
Just a thought
Mon, 12-20-2004 - 11:16pm
I have just upgraded to Norton Security 2005.  I could not get it to install for the longest time.  I kept getting a message to check my internet connection and proxy server.  I fussed around several days.  Finally wrote the company asking for a refund.  Then it dawned on me.  Shut off the firewall!  I did and the program installed.  No where in the directions did I see that I needed to shut off the old firewall.   I suppose I was supposed to know that by Osmosis!    Donna L
siggie
iVillage Member
In reply to: oahe
Tue, 12-21-2004 - 12:11pm

It is true some places think that if you bought the computer you should know everything.......What does that do? Shows what dummies THEY are........lol......

Some of the littlest things can make the biggest difference. Sort of like when I lost

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2004 - 3:48pm

Thanks Janet, for your comments.

I have been running my laptop on most of the day and it seems to be working alriight.

siggie
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2004 - 9:22pm

10-4 on the toolbars. lol

I think some places just want to keep us in the dark. That is why I say the answer is on the internet, it may take a while to find it but when you do, you really feel good about yourself. And the pages you read to get there just added more

Have a nice day !.