need help with MS word document

iVillage Member
need help with MS word document
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 4:35pm

Need some help here regarding Microsoft Word. Currently, I am studying for a state licensing exam and for the purpose of note taking, I am using Microsoft Word. I have one word document that I use which contains one page with no breaks, and new notes are added onto the last notes taken. As it stands now, upon opening the document, it is necessary to scroll down to bottom of the one long page to begin adding any new notes, which is basically just an inconvenience. What is somewhat more troublesome though, is should I desire to reference any previously taken notes in the document, it becomes necessary to look through the lines of the notes in reverse order.

My question is this, is it possible to arrange word documents to begin your note taking at the top of the word document and have the body of text, previously taken notes, follow beneath? Basically, to reverse the order from having new lines available for use at the bottom changed so new typing begins at the top of the word document.

I know I will probably regret posting this. But have you ever been totally confused or lost about something, and you know it's over something so simple and obvious, yet you continue to remain dumbfounded? That’s me, right now! Help!!!

kiki

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 8:46pm

There should be someone along that can help you with your problem. And no I am always happy when I find out it was an easy thing to do. MS Word is as far as I can see a very deep program. I could never write a formal letter in there.....if I ever needed to....lol........I was happy I found out how to find how many words I had typed and I didn't need that information either......lol........

If I find someone I will send them over.......lol.........Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 9:19pm
I am not familiar with MS Word but have done word processing in the past.

Kathey

Dogs have families, Cats have servents.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 9:51pm

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying....

But could you just set your cursor at the top of the page ?

siggie
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 9:55pm

If you remember a certain word or phrase you can use "find" to quickly highlight that word.

siggie
Community Leader
Sun, 01-09-2005 - 2:19pm

If you are dating your entries or titling them you can

Co-Community Leader at:
50 & Up Friends | Menopause & Perimenopause

My Web sites:
50 & Up Friends | Ladybug’s Recipes | Menopause Oasis

You are loved ~~ far more than you may ever know!

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-09-2005 - 6:25pm

The keyboard commands in Word to get to the bottom of the document, instead of scrolling, but get there fast, is to hit your Contrl button and your End button. Using Contrl Home gets you to the very beginning of the document. Perhaps Oahe's suggestion, using Cntrl F to open a "find" window, and typing in a key word, would also take you quickly to the note you are seeking. Inserting blank lines between each addition of notes would be helpful, too, as someone already suggested. You might also try to reformat your document into Outline format, which Word also offers. It would mean going through line by line, note by note, and reogranizing it, but then from then on, it would be easier for you to find things.

Hope some of this helps?

Good luck! :)

Gypsy

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-09-2005 - 9:53pm

Control + end

siggie
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-29-2005 - 11:00pm