Task Scheduler

iVillage Member
Task Scheduler
Wed, 01-12-2005 - 8:15pm
I few weeks after I installed Mcaffe Security Suite, I noticed it had quit running at the scheduled time. I have a problem with my Task Scheduler. Any ideas?
iVillage Member
In reply to: pentin
Wed, 01-12-2005 - 11:44pm

I don't know much about those whole security packages I can only go by my anti virus. I had a problem getting it to run at the right time. Then last year when I updated the program it ran twice one right after the other. What I did was to cancel both of them and restart the computer. Then I added a new task and set it to run when I wanted to. I had to do it on the day I wanted it to run so that I didn't forget. I restarted again and sat here till the scheduled time and sure enough it ran at the right time.

Now that was scanning my computer for viruses. The program it's self is always running. And goes out on the internet and gets it's own updates.

If you ae talking about the scan for viruses then give that a try and see if it works.

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-13-2005 - 7:49pm
Thank you. I will try that.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-14-2005 - 9:41am
Well, that didn't work for my problem but I got an explanation of the error from Dell and my grandson thinks he knows how to fix it. Thanks for your help. Lou