Outlook express problem

iVillage Member
Outlook express problem
Mon, 11-28-2005 - 7:41pm

I rarely use Outlook express but somehow it is set so if I click on a link to send an email, it automatically goes though Outlook instead of hotmail.  Also, the problem is, I can receive mail to my outlook account but when I try to send them they NEVER and I mean NEVER go.  Any idea why I can receive mail there and not send mail?  The thing comes up saying it is sending but then it never does.  Can someone help me figure out how to adjust my settings or something...like an Outlook toutorial?  How can I set up my computer to automatically send emails though Hotmail when I click a link online?  Every time I open Outlook it says Outlook is NOT my default email service and I don't want it to be but I don't know why Hotmail doesn't come up instead.  Thanks.

2327MissingSoldierChristmas5FRebecc.gif

BSM_MyHusbandisinIraq.gifhooah.gifBSM_Daddy_saGuard.gif

BSM_MissingMySoldier_Ribbon.gif911aa1.gifBSM_ARNGMedic.gif

exercisedtodayblinky.gifdrphilwork_expatblinky.gifonlinefriendsblinky.gif  

cn_another.gifh2odrinkerblinky.gifMomof2princes.gif 

FebruaryBabyheartblinky.gifcollininmemory4.gifAprilBabyheartblinky.gif

PrayingforMic1.gifsupport20our20troops.jpgpregnancylossblinky.gif

FFFbanner.gif

boyspics2.jpg picture by pepperderr 

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2005 - 2:07pm

First check to see what your default email is...... click on Tools,Accounts on the Mail tab I see that mine is OE and that is default. What does yours say? If you want it to be Hotmail then go to the ALL tab and select New. Fill that out but instead of having your Outlook address put in your Hotmail account. Then select Hotmail and on the mail tab put Hotmail and and click the button Set as Default.

I think that should take care of it.

If not let me know.

Janet

Learning the computer one web page at a time.

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2005 - 8:55pm

Hi, Rebecca.