Computer Hijacked!!!!

iVillage Member
Computer Hijacked!!!!
Tue, 01-03-2006 - 2:02pm

my computer has been hijacked!  i need some help please!  i've run my virus, adaware, and spyware scans and they are always updated.  when i get onto the desktop and click IE it says that i have a trojan horse, which i then tell AVG to heal.  i tried sending it to quarentine but more just pop up.  my home page has been changed and i get all these weird pop ups.  what's weird is i have 3 different desktop sign on names on my computer.  2 of them appear to be infected and have the symptoms i just explained.  1 seems to have no problems.  i can't explain this.

i've also gone to trendmicro and run all their scans.

at 1 point i had gone to my start up and disabled certain programs but i cannot remember how i did this.  i wonder if that would help???

if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com      Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com              

Image hosted by Photobucket.com    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com        Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2006 - 2:31pm

You need to get your computer booted up into Safe Mode and run your scans from there.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2006 - 2:47pm
hi.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2006 - 9:30am

If you know the location of the files that are infected, in safe mode you can delete them. Before restarting your system, turn off the system restore in the control panel (XP). If you're not running XP, you'll need to fix the master boot record so they don't come back when you restart. For windows 98, use a boot disk and type in "fdisk mbr" or "fdisk /mbr" I'm not sure which since it's been a while. If you're running W2K, use the W2K disk to boot, go into repair console and at the prompt type "fixmbr". That should take care of it. Oh...if you're in XP, remember to activate the system restore point once you are SURE your computer is clean.

Lynne

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2006 - 3:50pm
i don't where the infection is.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2006 - 8:23pm

Check in your Add/Remove programs and see if there is something there that is not supposed to be there and uninstall it.

Check your Task Manager and see if there are things running that you don't know what they are and go to

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2006 - 12:55pm

I'm going to paste an article into this message that gives very good tips on removing spyware.