Preprint Envelope Review

iVillage Member
Preprint Envelope Review
Tue, 01-10-2006 - 12:21am
Hi there,
I haven't been here for a while; I have been occupied with a short term job which lasted for 15 mo. Now, I'm back and in trouble. In printing the envelopes for my Christmas thank yous in Word, everything goes as usual until the preprint review and the address comes up printed on a page instead of an envelope and prints out, as if it is on a sheet of paper. I have a C60 Epson printer that seems to be doing OK.; at least it prints from Outlook Express. My puter is 2004 XP. Do you think that I'm correct in thinking that it is a Word 2002 problem? I've searched in HELP and can't find any thing. I hope somebody there can give me some suggestions. Any help will be much appreciated.
My Daughter and husband and 2 kids were here over New Year's week; my son in law took over my computer and made some changes to speed it up (shut down some programs that were running in the background that I don't use), but I can't think he was in Word...He also set up a game for my grandson to play. jms
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-10-2006 - 11:55am

I am just an old housewife but I get a Word newsletter and everytime I get one I think, well that is interesting but what would I use that for?.... Never had to do anything business like on the computer.

So with that said, and since I use my Printmaster program to print envelopes.......here is what I have done in Word.

When it don't work and I have the instructions I delete everything and start all over again. Making sure that things are set the way they should be. Yes, I know there are thousands of people screaming at me about how dumb that would be so I am going to let someone else help you that works in Word.

Do you know how long it took me to make a list with so that I could turn the top word so that it was slanted? And I looked all over for turning text or sideways text and all I had to do was search for ROTATE text.....that is how much I know.

If no one answers you today I will call for help for you. But here is a couple places that

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-10-2006 - 5:54pm

I use Windows 2000 and Word 2000.

Co-cl for
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-10-2006 - 9:03pm
Hi Janet and kt,
Thank you for your suggestions. I checked out the URLs that you suggested and didn't find the help that I need; however, I am glad to have the new resouces for future needs. Most of them want to teach me how to address envelopes and labels, which I know how to do; I need to know why Word won't print down there where the envelope is instead in the middle of the page where it shows up on the preview; (the return address comes out on the lower left corner of the envelope)! I'm sorry, kt, that I didn't make my problem more clear to you. You went to a lot of trouble to answer, which I appreciate.
I have ordered the "PC Help" book from Amazon, recommended by "jenastar" in her message down just a ways in this same TROUBLESHOOTING section, which promises to be more enlightening. I'll let you know....It should be here by Friday or Saturday.
I'll be checking in to see if any one else has a working suggestion, in the meantime. jms