Blue Screen in xp. won't boot to window

iVillage Member
Blue Screen in xp. won't boot to window
Fri, 02-17-2006 - 11:52am

i installed a logic tech mouse just a few minutes ago.  when i did it asked me if i wanted to install real player arcade.  i almost said no because i didn't want to take a chance of it hurting my computer.  but i said yes thinking i will just uninstall it later if i need to.  well, now my computer won't work at all.  it said i had to reboot after i installed that and when i did i get the blue screen that says their was a problem with an installed component or a recent power failure.  it tells me to reboot my computer and if the blue screen comes up again, i am to uninstall my recently installed programs (I am SURE that is the cause).  but when i click to start in safe mode nothing happens, when i click start normal windows, nothing happens.  when i click start in my recently known working mode, nothing happens.  how can i uninstall the mouse and real arcade program if it won't let me into windows?  please say you can help!!!  GRRRR!

i am on my son's computer by the way.

ConvHeartsREBECCA.jpg

BSM_MyHusbandisinIraq.gifhooah.gifBSM_Daddy_saGuard.gif

BSM_MissingMySoldier_Ribbon.gif911aa1.gifBSM_ARNGMedic.gif

exercisedtodayblinky.gifdrphilwork_expatblinky.gifonlinefriendsblinky.gif  

cn_another.gifh2odrinkerblinky.gifMomof2princes.gif 

FebruaryBabyheartblinky.gifcollininmemory4.gifAprilBabyheartblinky.gif

PrayingforMic1.gifsupport20our20troops.jpgpregnancylossblinky.gif

boyspics2.jpg picture by pepperderr 

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2006 - 9:40am

Since no one else answered you, I'll give it a shot. Since you said that you have windows xp, you should have the start up disk. Try booting with the start up disk. I don't have XP so can't give you step by step directions. I'm on windows 2000. After booting from disk, try either the recovery console or emergency repair. I believe there's something in there about just "repairing windows". Good luck!

Lynne

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2006 - 11:05pm

Try to boot into safe mode.

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2006 - 1:14pm
the back button is what I LOVED the most in my other mouse which is why I bought this mouse.

boyspics2.jpg picture by pepperderr