Trouble with certain game websites

iVillage Member
Trouble with certain game websites
Mon, 02-27-2006 - 6:53pm

A couple of months ago I tried to get into Yahoo games and everytime I would open one of the windows it would automatically close.  I tried various different games and nothing.  Every game I would open - the window would immediately close.  I tried a couple of different things - Java updates, system restore, and nothing worked.

I gave up, but just tried it again and the same thing is still happening all this time later.  Except that now I can't get into Popcap games either.  I can open the website, but when I pick a game, the window will open and then immediately close.

Any ideas?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You can also find me at:

CL for Job Seekers' Support Group  

Co-CL for Cats' Health Issues 

Co-CL for Social Graces       

Child Free By Choice

Staying Romantic

Loss of a Parent

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2006 - 7:49pm
Do you have a pop-up blocker installed?
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2006 - 8:45pm

Have you cleared your browser cache? Tools, Internet Options and click on Delete Files you can click the box that asks if you want to clear the offline ones too then OK, and OK again and see if that helps

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2006 - 8:51pm

I just had to reinstall Windows, I had backed up all of my stuff and when I went to put it back on I couldn't open my OE addressbook.

It is saved as a .wab but if I remember right shouldn't I have saved that out to my desktop as a .crs or some such file? Then put it on the disk?

Because I did save it when I got this computer it went back on with no problems.

I am able to right click on this .wab and hit properties. And it says to open it to put in my user name and password. My name is in the box and the dropdown box but I have tried every password I can think of and it won't open. Should I be using my OE password or my ISP connection password? Or is it a lost case?

Thanks Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2006 - 7:55am

It should open. I'm not sure why it won't. Did you try importing them all back to where they belong and then try to open them?

Lynne

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2006 - 11:26pm

Yes I did the import through OE. I put the

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-01-2006 - 8:58am

If it looks like your typical address book icon, it could be corrupted. If it looks like something else, go into properties and make sure the extension is correct.

Lynne

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-02-2006 - 1:46pm
Thank you guys for your help.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-03-2006 - 2:37pm

Thanks,

Yes it does look like a regular Address book icon.

I am going to check 1 more thing..........Janet

Have a nice day !.