Hewlett-Packard printers....

iVillage Member
Hewlett-Packard printers....
Sun, 07-09-2006 - 7:35pm
Hi, need some help from someone here who has this brand of printer. This morning I was printing & had to stop in the middle. I went into 'my computer' & tried to delete the print job and then resume printing but now the printer won't respond at all. My dh has tried many things but it just won't que up to print anything. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-10-2006 - 12:16pm

This happened to me a while back and I for the life of me can't remember what I did. I have a HP 5550 or something like that.....seems like I said to heck with it one night because of a storm and shut down then unplugged everything......then when I plugged back in I finally got those print jobs deleted. Is someone here don't come up with the solution then go to the HP site you can ask there but you will have to put in your model of printer.

Try looking in your HP help and see what it says there. I think that is what I did.

Sorry if no one says anything by this afternoon I will be home and check it out on my printer.........

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-10-2006 - 12:28pm
Thanks so much for replying - dh is planning to take both the computer & printer to a repair place today. He thinks it's that our computer is not connecting with the printer but I don't want a repair bill if it's not needed! lol Anyway, I'll check out the HP site & maybe we can do something without having to take it to the shop. Oh, I was also just told on another board that their HP printer always had problems if printing was ever stopped mid-way into a printing job & that they bought another brand because of that.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-10-2006 - 8:41pm

Well the reason I had HP is because I had such a time with Lexmark.....

I will never try and stop a print I will let it go. What is a piece of paper or so if it keeps this from happening....lol

In my case I didn't notice that it was going to print 30 pages and I thought that was a lot....next time if something like that happens? I will let it go and turn the paper over and print what I wanted on the back side...

Good luck......I don't think it is your computer but I think I did find the answer in the Help on the HP printer program

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-10-2006 - 11:13pm
Janet, dh did end up taking the printer in & it just turned out that he missed a step somewhere when re-installing the printer. But it was all still under warranty so no charge for it yay! Thanks for the info on this - nice of you to try & help me out. =o)
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-11-2006 - 7:52am
I have an HP printer.

Amy

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-11-2006 - 9:51am

Thanks for this info - will keep it for future use!

(OT - your 'tube' dogs are adorable! I don't think I've ever heard them called that. I've wanted one of those dogs forever but can't have pets as my disabled son would not be very kind to a pet. And thought it interesting that your starting & goal weights in your sig line are the same as mine as well as the walking, which I've stopped but will be starting again. Hope you reach your goal!) =o)

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-11-2006 - 7:41pm

I subscribed to the HP newsletters and when there are new drivers or other info they email me and I go and get the updates or whatever right away.

But whenever something is in warrenty by all means that is the best thing to do. It is sure better than something go wrong the day after it runs out....lol

Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 4:59pm
We've had HP printers, two, and they both proved problematic, although I can probably say that for every printer we've had - most of them are considered "throwaways", anyhow.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 5:35pm
Thanks for the tip about the HP newsletter - I'll have to sign up for that.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-18-2006 - 5:40pm
Sometimes when the software is open if you got to Help it will ask you to register that is what I did and how I get the notices for updates etc.........Janet

Have a nice day !.

Pages