Ipod ?

iVillage Member
Ipod ?
Sun, 10-08-2006 - 6:44pm
Can I use Media player 11 instead of Itunes. I don't wanta load I tunes on this computer becasue last time I did that it messed it all up.

iVillage Member
In reply to: hannahsmomma
Mon, 10-09-2006 - 10:33am
It's my understanding you have to use iTunes. How long is it since you downloaded it? It seems I had similar problems with an earlier version of iTunes, but this one (and the update) haven't been a problem. Note, I don't buy anything from them, but need it to handle my personal CDs.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-11-2006 - 9:21am
yes I also believe you must use ITunes to load music onto an IPod. I think that's very unfortunate because I have a small flash memory based mp3 player and when you connect it via USB it simply shows up as a removable storage drive, just like any flash drive does. Then you can simply drag your files back and forth from computer to player and the reverse if you wish. I guess Apple feels in their position of market dominance that they can get away with this, and they do get away with it obviously.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-11-2006 - 9:01pm
Thank you for your help This is a real bummer. I'm so afraid to load I-tunes on my gateway. I have tons of ram and the hard-drive but last time I loaded it (a yr ago) it messed my computer up. I wonder if I can load it on my D drive?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting