Where is "file, view, on IE 7?

iVillage Member
Where is "file, view, on IE 7?
Sun, 11-19-2006 - 8:49pm

Ok........this is getting rediculous! lol!

I loaded IE 7 onto my laptop and now I wish I STILL had IE6!!!!!

I cant for the life of me find the dropdown box with like "view, file...etc" where did it go!!??? Im trying to get used to this new IE 7 but, its making be nutts! lol! Its my DD's laptop and she just saw the IE7 on it and was looking for it as well.

I HATE the tabs.....everything seems sooooooooo jumbled up!!!!!!! Gosh I wish they would of left well enough alone. And waiting for the PISHING thing, too! Gezzzzzzzz.....takes me so much more time than on my desktop where I just have Windows ME. I have no problem with that!

Can someone please send me in the right direction before I get the rubber hammer out!! LOLOLOL!

Marie

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-19-2006 - 11:07pm
Right click on the bottom bar, it should show you a

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-20-2006 - 12:16am

Joannaran,

Thanks for that tip! Gezzzz I was wondering what in the world happened to it! I had search for the "history" button, too. It just seems to be alot more "clicking" to find stuff rather than before it was just there! You know what I mean? I wish I didnt switch either. I wonder if we can switch back? Do you know if THAT is possible at all?

I mean Im sure we will get used to it,but still. Even my daughter said it just makes it fustrating when your used to just flying around here. That TAB bar too..grrrrrrr

Thanks...
Marie

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-20-2006 - 3:27pm

That is why I downloaded it I figured that I might as well get used to it. But to answer your question, yes you can go back to IE6 go to Add/Remove programs in your Control panel.......click on IE7 and click remove.......then reboot your computer and when it comes back up you should have IE 6 again.

Janet

Have a nice day !.