MyWay e-mail problems

iVillage Member
MyWay e-mail problems
Fri, 12-15-2006 - 6:44pm

I seem to be having a banner month here for computer problems!  The latest is trouble receiving e-mails at my MyWay e-mail.  The sender and I have compared notes and nobody ELSE is having trouble receiving her e-mails, plus I'm not having trouble receiving e-mails anywhere EXCEPT the MyWay account, just for about two weeks, not before.  So I'm thinking they are having some kind of technical trouble, they have not responded to my e-mail, though, asking about that.  Or, ha, I can't receive it, just thought of that!

So...can some of you recommend a very simple, pretty much trouble-free e-mail to try out, one that will allow me to save a long e-mail in progress - that's a major problem I've had with MyWay.  So often I'll be writiing one of my middle-of-the-night novels to my best friend, and in the middle MyWay will shut down unexpectedly I assume for maintenance, and that e-mail is history, it won't let me save it, it is GONE.  (I wrote about THAT, too, and they didn't respond to that one, either.)  It has to be a password-protected e-mail, by the way.  And did I mention free????  Advice???  Won't touch AOL, guys!

~~Joannaran near Boston, with Jessie and Jake~~

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-16-2006 - 10:53am

Some email programs can't handle really large emails. But if the email has downloaded and you are reading it and you don't lose your internet connection I don't know what is going on unless your computer goes to sleep....lol...

I am the worst at getting my mail from my mail box there. Sometimes I will open it and I will have some in there that is 2 months old they quit telling me that I have new mail after a while.......lol

The only thing I can suggest if you are sure it is the email at My Way is to get a Gmail account they give your right now about 3GB of space..... Hotmail gives you 1GB. They used to give you something like 30MB.......lol.....

Do you use MyWay as your home page? If you do on the left hand side if you set it up that way will have a Email Community they have a tech board under Boards.... If there is something going on you can find it out there.

I just checked and it don't seem like anyone else is having problems with their email there.

A suggestion? Try sending your friend Chapters instead of one long email. If I send a longer email I get sidetracked if I send one subject and get it over with then I can go on to the next one even if it is a rant rather than a nice one. Know what I mean? It just might be the size of them that is causing a problem.......

I think you can get into Gmail on your own now if not email me and I will send you an invite.......Janet

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-16-2006 - 2:18pm

FYI,

siggie
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-16-2006 - 4:03pm

Janet, it's only happening with incoming stuff.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-16-2006 - 6:10pm

Have a nice day !.