Problem with digital camera icon

iVillage Member
Problem with digital camera icon
Fri, 01-12-2007 - 5:15am
Driving me nuts here.  We were suddenly having trouble with our HP digital camera a couple of days ago, it suddenly wasn't making a solid connection with the computer when "plugged in".  I found the disc for it and was offered the choice of totally uninstalling and re-installing, which I'm sure is no biggie, OR it said click this and we'll troubleshoot it and repair whatever we find wrong.  Obviously it found something wrong because after it ran its little blurb the camera is working fine again.  HOWEVER....somehow now there is an icon on the desktop that was NOT there earlier today (I "fixed" the problem with the disc just this last night).  It says HP Upload Share or something like that, I don't want to click on it again to get the full caption it assigned itself.  I have tried right and left clicking on the icon about a dozen times to try to just delete the icon, but it won't budge; if I do click on it, the computer just crashes, the pointer can't do a thing!  I've had to do half a dozen hard shutdowns and am reluctant to keep doing that just to get rid of the icon.  I can find no separate listing in the add/delete programs that fits just this icon, so there it sits.  You also can't drag it anywhere except around the desktop.  How can I fry this dumb icon???  I don't know if uninstalling and re-installing the camera will do it, might give that a try tomorrow, but in the meantime ?????

~~Joannaran near Boston, with Jessie and Jake~~

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-12-2007 - 6:12pm

I have an HP camera, scanner and printer and if I have this installed which I am sure I do because they give me all these useful things that I don't use.......but I only have one icon on my desktop and that is the trash can.

I looked up what others had to say and they said the same thing you did their computers would freeze. Some said that they went to add/remove and one person said they found the HP Photo and Imaging and they clicked to change it. They said there you can uncheck "add icon to desktop".........

Another said they

Have a nice day !.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-21-2007 - 11:49pm
Don't ask how I did it, but I found something in my programs list and just said heck, delete the sucker.

~~joannaran~~